• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not much happened today, but welcome back Judi Evans!

Bonnie and Justin should be a bigger part of Alex’s storyline. Idk why they dropped Alex suddenly having animosity towards Justin but it was a good idea and I wish that they had run with it. 

I still like the way Alex’s storyline and his tension with Maggie is being built up. It’ll only make his fall so much sweeter. And I’m also very glad that no one is being sacrificed for his character. 

There was a little too much Rafe today though lol I guess he needed to be a part of it today, but I think it would have been better if they kept the focus solely on Eric/Nicole/EJ.

Btw, I did feel really bad for Eric in that final scene at the apartment.

• Members

This might be something that only bothered me, but I thought the Eric/Nicole/EJ scenes lacked some impact because most of it was done in a small doorway.  The emotions almost felt like they had to be subdued because the actors were all packed into such a small space.  No one could move really lol.

I think Sloan also should have been a part of it and it should have been more public. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

To me, the thing that is missing is that EJ's motivation is based on his devotion to Nicole.  Which may explain why his lack of anger was not surprising to me.  Their past relationship is completely messed up.  She is not the love of his life.  There is actually no reason for him not to divorce her once he found out that the baby was not his and that she preferred Eric. 

EJ's not a symp and he's not desperate for female companionship.  I could understand if he thought Jude was his baby.  But, given that he knows that he is not the daddy. I don't feel like the show has established a reason why he would be so desperate to hang on to Nicole, and it is not as if that is an established motive of the character.

For example, Sami just wants to win, so she'll do whatever is necessary to best Nicole, Carrie, or anyone in her way (a bit of an oversimplification for summary purposes, but you know what I mean).  And Eric is drawn to women who he needs to save, so he'll do dumb stuff whenever a lady is in trouble.  But, it has never been mentioned that EJ suffers from either of these types of pathology in a relationship.  And if the CEO story has taught of anything, it is that he won't settle for being anyone's second choice.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

The episode wasn't bad.

EJ hasn't had any real emotions about the return of his son. No one doesn't notice it? That's not the EJ everyone knows.

Melinda reaction to learning of Sloan leaving and knowing about the baby switch was

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Marlena was stretched a little thin today lol

Her scenes were good but they should have had her spend the entire episode dealing with Eric and his problems, instead of changing over to Everett half way through. I did like the angsty situation that Eric is putting himself in now regarding Jude. I wish those scenes had gone on longer. And I also liked how John used his own past in order to comfort Eric over giving up Jude.

And I don’t know why but I’m kinda liking this Montana adventure with Harris, Ava and Lucas. It’s good seeing Lucas be used more effectively. 

The ending was a little weak though. There wasn’t much of a hook to get people to tune in tomorrow. 

• Members

I like Harris so much more than Jason.  And I do like the Ava/Lucas/Harris adventure.

Greg Vaughn looks so red in all his scenes.  What is up with Days lighting?

Does SN not like lettuce?  He took the lettuce off of his burger today lol.   I don't know why I noticed that, but I did.

• Members

I enjoyed the show today. That makes 4 days running. That could be a personal record for DAYS

@AbcNbc247 I certainly see what you mean but it didn't bother me for Marlena to do half Eric & half Everett. Two E's today! I admit I was startled that she wants to stage an Intervention. They hardly have enough people to do so. Apparently there's not going to an effort on Steph's part to try to get him back into therapy. Also it is odd to me that he is not showing concern over what he is calling blacking out. He is losing time & he should be pretty concerned about that. 

@carolineg What I noticed when Jada put her burger up to her mouth was how huge & homemade-style & great that burger looked!!! Funny that Steve noticed a difference in their buns. I'm not aware of gluten-free things looking different. But, it was necessary to bring out the fact that Goldman has Celiac's Disease and MUST eat gluten-free. Plot point! Check. 

I liked the use of history today. John, having to give up Carrie, Eric & Sami related to Eric having to give up Jude. Chad, having gone through it with Abby & her alters Debbie & Dr. Laura, related to Steph now facing the fact that Everett has DID. Good uses of history. 

I am very very concerned about Eric. Greg Vaughn is doing a fabulous job. His intention & his desperation over his thought that he MUST stay away from Jude is heart-rending. No, I did not cry today. 

Those onesies that J&M had bought. Makes me sad. They, too, have lost. They had a new grandchild, now they do not. Although we know that is not so. But, in the story it is so for now.

• Members

One of my sister's has Celiac's Disease and gluten free bread is awful IMO.  I don't know how people do it.  Anyhow, the bun probably looked different than Steve's, but you would think he would have heard Jada order a gluten-free bun instead of asking about it later lol.