• Members

That's exactly how it is. They introduce these edgy/rebel/messy kids and within six months, they're hugging "Gran" and wanting a wedding and children. It's gotten especially back in the last decade or so. I wouldn't mind it so much if there were an arc to it, but it just... happens.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's weird because Sami being messy and horrible worked out well.  Even Lucas being a spoiled brat worked well for the shenanigans at the time.  Chloe, Brady, Phillip, even Shawn got to keep some of their edge for more than a minute.  I just don't know why Days is currently so scared of it.  Rachel has more bite than both Tate and Holly.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I’m a little disappointed that Maggie actually wasn’t playing Konstantin. The way it was written and the way SR was playing it kinda suggested that that was going to happen. Oh, well. I still like they’re all teaming up to stop him now. 

Btw, based on what other posters have said, I paid closer attention to Maggie and Marlena today and they were right. There did seem to be a little tension or something between them, especially when Maggie first showed up at the townhouse. 

There also did seem to be a lot of foreshadowing with Xander today, based on the talk that he had with Sarah about his mother and in his scenes with Stefan and I like that. It’s actually making me think a lot of fanfiction right now about what could happen after he finds out that he’s Victors son lol that could all be a really good mess.

Btw, Stefan’s a dumbass

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I agree about the recast.  I think if they happened to get ORK back or found a better replacement Claire would have edge again.  That was also a time when Claire was on a long Ciara/Ben apology tour and had to act normal and not light people on fire.  Her mental struggles and crazy antics of the past make her already 100 times more exciting than any current young person on the cast.

• Members

I am bummed Maggie wasn't playing him too.  I was much more convinced Maggie was onto him, but I guess it was John/Marlena who were all along.

Anyhow, the DH/SR feud and it spilling over on screen is more entertaining than the entire Konstantin story.  At least it seems like it will be ending soon.  I wonder if Theresa will get exposed as well.  I feel like you can milk the Alex/Theresa/Brady side of the story for a bit longer.

• Members

Holly should've come up with a greater scheme to keep Johnny and Chanel apart, and when that blew up in her face in spectacular fashion (not exactly like the Sami/Austin nonwedding with Carrie years back, but something similar that forces Nicole and the entire town to see what a schemer she is), we'd see Tate pick up the pieces and the two grow closer. 

• Members

That would have worked.  It would have also given Johnny/Chanel more to do as I don't love them being saddled with a kid so early on.  It would ironic if Sami's son was tricked by Nicole's daughter and it would be a throw back to Sami's own scheming.  

There was probably no good way to go about a guy in his mid-20's being seduced by a high schooler in this day and age so I get it.  I just wouldn't have started the Johnny/Holly story in the first place.

I also think the show is missing beats about the fallout from Holly's drug use, coma, and framing Tate.  She should be an outcast at school, but she seems pretty popular and has friends, a prom date, and a secret boyfriend.  Sami had multiple traumas that led her down her evil path, but so has Holly.  Her father is dead and she never knew him, her quasi father Eric divorced her mom, Nicole lost her baby/Holly's brother, Johnny rejected her, and she was in a coma after a drug overdose.  It would be very easy to make Holly into a schemer or villain.

• Members

I'm pretty sure that Theresa is going to get exposed very soon. I don't know why she isn't getting exposed at the same time as Konstantin though, (does Days really think that viewers are invested in that dumb and boring love triangle with Theresa/Alex/Kristen? Also Brady really doesn't seem interested in either Kristen or Theresa anyway, so I don't really see what is there to milk or exploit. 

At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing her entire life come crashing down and for her to lose everything forever and for her entire life to be permanently in shambles as she disappears into prison, never to be seen or heard from ever again. 

• Members

-- Agree with all the comments here about the bad idea to remove the edge from young characters in too short a time.

-- It's a shame the writers didn't have Maggie as aware of what a foul person Konstantin is. The only reason I can think of for going this route is that if we knew she was aware, why would she not have ended it all sooner?

• Members

If Maggie was aware I would totally buy that she was waiting it out to catch Konstantin doing something criminal and have him arrested.    But, then again, she could have just waited for him to get deported and not do anything about it all lol.  I just don't buy that Maggie is that dumb to fall for Konstantin's lies when everyone in town sees right through him.

This question is for anyone that might know.  Wasn't there very suspicious circumstances around Victor's plane crash?  Does that tie back to Konstantin or is it just a dangling plot hole?

• Members

I don't think the plane crashed, but his final flight was unexpected and nobody knew where he was going because the flight plan changed.  Thus, everyone thought the plane had disappeared, but they found the plane and Victor had died.  Then John and Steve figured out that he went to Greece.  But, I could be 100% incorrect.

I assumed the implication was that he was going to Greece to tell the mother of his heir that he was changing his will, or to show her that he changed the will.  But, we still don't know the reason that he flew to Greece.

• Members

Okay.  I was under the impression the plane got lost (because of changed flight plan), crashed into the ocean or something and it was suspicious.  I could have absolutely made that leap in my head myself.

It still doesn't make sense why Victor went to Greece.  Even if the implication was that he was telling his baby momma about the new heir will change neither Angelica (dead) or Xander's mom live in Greece (from what was said on today's show) so people on the show should be more concerned about that lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

@carolinegSorry, it did crash.

The mystery was why did Victor go to Greece without telling anyone or filing a flight plan.

Here's what I'm confused about today:

I assumed Clyde told Stefon to shoot Harris and set up Xander.  If that's true, why doesn't Stefon just tell Xander the truth?  He's got nothing to lose, and it could make Xander an ally. Because doesn't Xander know that it was EJ who first made him an offer to be a hitman?  Like, they have a common enemy if they would work together.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

They’re definitely more interesting the character of Konstantin in general

Please register in order to view this content

The way Marlena/DH sounded when she opened the door today makes it seems so obvious. I hope it doesn’t cause any problems on set though. 

Well, Stefan’s not the sharpest pencil in the box

Did Clyde actually tell him to pin Harris’ shooting on Xander? Or did Stefan do that part on his own? I can’t remember. 

Edited by AbcNbc247