• Members
Posted (edited)

Michael was told that Abby was injured and went to the hospital she was taken too. When Michael asked what room Abby was in, they sent him to the morgue without telling him that Abby was dead. He only realized that Abby was dead when he realized that he was in the morgue. There is a YouTube clip 12-15-11 Michael and Sam Find Abby is Dead.

I believed at the time that Franco caused the crane accident that killed Abby.

Edited by Aragorn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Franco did it?  I don't recall that.  She was not in PC at the time so was he just hoping Abby would walk by an open construction site so a random worker could lose control of the crane at exactly the right time?

Actually, thinking about GH in that time period that it's probably exactly how the show explained it lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Lol.  So it actually didn't happen it's just your belief.  Cool.  Anyway, it's an awfully elaborate plan for Franco to just kill a random stripper Michael was dating 

Please register in order to view this content

Jake's still alive so no one actually murdered him.  Was Franco even around back then?  I thought his last hurrah (James Franco) was blowing up the limo at Sonny and Brenda's wedding and almost killing Sam and making her deaf for 6 episodes.

ETA-totally forgot James Franco was around for Jason/Sam's honeymoon and all that "fun", so i guess he was still a thing.

Edited by carolineg

• Members
Posted (edited)

Now that's what I call diabolical, lol!

I still can't believe they killed someone (off-screen) by dropping a crane on them.  That's Monty Python-level absurd.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I was in a deep GH depression due to VM leaving a few months earlier and thought Abby just disappeared.  But, no, her and Michael were still an item.  And they killed her off months later.  I think it's because the actress was in her mid 30's and Michael was still supposed to be a teenager.  The actress looked really young though, but she was also hired by Sam to sleep with Michael after his prison rape so it's real weird.  But she wasn't a prostitute.  Just doing Sam a solid.  The character of Abby is just a wild ride.

• Members
Posted (edited)

So Michael was having trouble interacting with females his age due to his time in prison (can't remember if we knew he was raped at the time, don't think so, but heavily implied).

Michael went to Sam and asked her to find him a prostitute so he could get his first time over with and be more confident.  Sam for some unknown reason agreed to this request. Abby was one of Sam's friends from the strip club (they knew one another through her PI work).  Sam "hired" Abby to sleep with Michael.  Abby didn't take any money, wasn't a prostitute, and had a heart of gold.  Michael freaked out at their first attempt at sex, but Abby continued to hang out with him.  I think Abby had an abusive bf at some point that Michael rescued her from. Eventually they became a couple and were kind of cute.  They date for awhile and she stops stripping and may or may not have worked for Tracey or the Q's?  She was on business trip somewhere when she got hit by the crane.

Also there is a great Sonny scene where he meets Abby at the hospital after the BUS CRASH of 2011 and knows she's a stripper because she's wearing fishnet stockings.  Seriously.  Oh, Guza

It also should be noted that Michael was in HIGH SCHOOL at the time him and Abby/Candy* met.  He was over 18 though because he was held back a year because of the whole murdering Claudia/prison thing.

*Candy was her stage name because of course.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

And yet they tried to put it over for close to a year or something! Like she was a regular character for awhile. It was wild, but tbh when I heard Sam had hired a chick to sleep with Michael to heal him from a prison rape, knowing Sam in those days I was like 'yep, checks out.'