• Members

Bear in mind she started as a dayplayer in the extremely silly '80s soap-esque 'Chase is an undercover pop star to bust BLQ's Dr. Luke-esque producer!' storyline. She was his singing partner under the thumb of the evil producer. I thought she was cute but that a bigger role would be a bit too much. I was right!

Compared to some of these sets I miss those foggy docks these days. A lot.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

I totally understand why - I feel that way when I watch the late '70s or even through a good portion of the '80s. The scenes of Paddy Kelly being stabbed are disturbing and almost feel like something that could happen in real life, with the atmosphere and dread. By the '90s, especially the late '90s, everything starts seeming too fake for me. Admittedly, it probably looks like cinema verite compared to what we have now.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Good lord, now she has a brother? I see this whole thing going the way of the Rosales family on YR. Is Eva the kiss of death to Hispanic families on soaps now?

The Blaze character is insufferable. Make her go away.

• Members

I found the look of the '90s pretty strong myself. I miss the fog, the sound of the harbor and the boats that used to always be in the background. But I understand why people OD'ed on the docks and such given the omnipresence of the mob in the early 2000s.

Why would making Blaze Roy DiLucca's daughter make anything better?

• Members

I've always said there are only two options for Sonny and Jason: either they die, or they get out of the mob forever.  And even if they were to "go straight," as it were, they still are bound to face recriminations from others from within the criminal underworld out of fears that they'll turn state's evidence.

Is that available on YT?  I haven't actually watched those scenes, but I'd like to very much!

• Members
Posted (edited)

To me the best option for Jason has always been one he is currently doing something similar to: He takes a deal c/o Scorpio and works for the WSB in conjunction with the PCPD in town or he goes to supermax and stays there. I highly doubt his situation with Wagger will last, but I sure wouldn't mind if it did.

Sonny - he needs to have it all taken away (probably by some blowout scorched earth scenario with the likes of Ava) and end up tooting along with a cart in the back alleys for a bit lol. Then he can work himself back up to some sort of largely legit white collar business and become Brenda's conniving kept man, transition to sort of a skeezy Victor Newman patriarch focused on meddling in his children and wife's storylines. Which is what he was moving towards in the late 2000s anyway, when Dante was first ascendant. The throughline could be something similar to how Marlo Stanfield ended up on The Wire - he is legit and 'clean' but can't stand it and misses the action, living a quieter life of comfortable and privileged desperation. Sonny's ongoing machinations for/against his loved ones could be how he processes and internalizes his resentment of being out of power forever.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Upon further review of Thursday I can’t really tell if this Aiden can act or not, there's not enough material to judge but he sure does grin wider than the last one. And his eyes are wild, possibly insane! Enzo’s were usually at the Sonic drive thru or analyzing Tortured Poets Dept lyrics, so that's an improvement at least.

It feels like some days are just FV getting rid of spare actor guarantees and utilizing whoever they know will be on-set - specifically, all the fuckin' kids at once. I am all for quiet family connection days, but not when they are dominated by Sasha, a half dozen kids, Deception operating out of the standing set of the week (the Q living room) and Love Boat Scott 'helping' on his phone. I also never need to watch Violet, glue-eater Wiley and James (cannot believe plastic Nathan has a kid) dominating scenes again. FV knows where this leads back in the days when the network made him and Ron shut down the interminable kiddie love triangle of Spencer/Emma/Cameron in 2015. At least the Tracy/Gregory scenes were actually very good, again.

I used to be very fond of both Chad's body and his acting ability and found him underrated. This has long since ceased being the case. He was not prepared for a love scene last week, and he is clearly not prepared for major story. It is past time to recast with an energized and hot guy, but that may never happen.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Sonny Corinthos is like every other, real-life mobster: he could never run a business that was "largely legit" or "white collar."  If he could, he wouldn't be where he is atm.

If Sonny were removed from the organization - and provided, he doesn't encounter any sort of threat, either from his enemies, or from his "employees," who fear his running to the government for protection - he'd go back to being what he was when he assumed control of Frank Smith's empire: a low-level hood, running a seedy strip joint, keeping "his girls" strung out on pills so they will do his bidding.  Even then, under those circumstances, he'd struggle to keep up, partly b/c the sex worker industry has changed, and partly b/c time and age have taken their toll on him; leading Sonny to the inevitable moment when he takes his own life rather than become a "wizened old man."

If it were up to me, this current storyline with Pikeman would be the true Fall of the House of Corinthos, ending either with Sonny being murdered, or (reluctantly) agreeing to enter the Federal Witness Relocation Program - along with others who are in his family - in order to protect everyone from Pikeman, whose global reach likely exceeds that of Sonny and his "coffee empire."  (Would people like Dante, Sam, Michael, Willow, Kristina, etc. be furious at Sonny that they all have been placed in a position where they must leave behind their entire lives in PC and start over somewhere else, with new identities, in order to protect themselves and especially their children?  You bet!).

And Jason, as Sonny's one-time right-hand man, would be left behind with the unenviable task of legitimizing his former boss' businesses, but that would be a constant struggle, as well as living with the ever-constant threat he could be walking one day, "and a car will slow beside you, and a door will open, and someone you know, maybe even trust, will get out of the car. And he will smile, a becoming smile. But he will leave open the door of the car and offer to give you a lift."

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'd love to get rid of Sonny. But I'm trying to think about the most realistic possibility, which is that MB is unlikely to leave this show unless it's off the air or he chooses to retire. So I'm working with what I consider a viable option. I would love to destroy the whole house of Corinthos and leave just a few of the kids behind.

That said I think Sonny could run a legit business. He's had many opportunities. But as he told Brenda long ago, he does not want to.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Suddenly, I'm wondering whether Tobias actually exists, or whether Aiden's just stalking the poor lad, lol.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you.  The fact that MB remains popular, even as his character represents a lifestyle that is no longer seen as glamorous or envious to the average person, puts GH in the toughest of spots.  IOW, getting rid of him through whatever means is really the right thing to do but, for obvious reasons, they can't.

That's why I struggle to embrace the good things that EK/PM have done thus far, because I just can't get past the fact that two of this show's leading characters are sociopathic criminals who (IMO) belong behind bars or in the ground. 

Like Minnie Driver says in "Grosse Pointe Blank," there are things that you do not do in a civilized society, but men like Sonny Corinthos and Jason Morgan do many of those things.  In fact, they profit from them; and this show is asking me to gaf about them!?  I don't think so!

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's a joke that these new writers can change everyone's job on the show, but can't change Sonny's.

And Chad Duell? The acting was already mediocre. Adding a dad bod on top of that doesn't help.