GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Did I miss something? What I've heard about the chosen gown is that it looks great & Amanda looks great in it. What happened today to the fictional dress story that made it for no reason? Isn't the reason that she gets to wear it & it has a sentimental & historical significance to her? I guess her gown could double as her something borrowed even. 

If anything comes of it I hope it is only a fling.

OMG! You wouldn't believe the files on Nina that I have! 

I just enjoy watching them play subtext. 

Speaking of Jason,

Spoiler

tomorrow he gives Carly something. I think it is half of the Metro Court. The big question is which half?!!! 

• Members

Yes, Lila's gown is unsalvageable.  This didn't just come up today, but a few episodes ago.  They can't alter the gown and I think Brook Lynn is just using some lace off the dress.  Lois called the dressmaker to figure out a fix.  From my understanding the original dress is unusable and Brook Lynn is basically just using the scraps from it.  She's not wearing Lila's dress anymore.  

• Members

But that essentially ruins the original dress which I would have rather the show just kept in tact even in off screen theory.  Perhaps Brook Lynn could have used the lace from Lila's veil or something instead.  

• Members

I know I am going to regret this circular argument, but Lois wore Lila's dress on screen in 1995 to her wedding to Ned.  So it exists as much as any other fictional characters dress does on soaps.  We didn't see Lila wear it but we saw Lila give it to Lois and Lois wearing it.   Wardrobe did not recreate it earlier this year-at least not on camera.  Brook Lynn was wearing an entirely different random bridal gown for try on sake and was talked into wearing Lila's dress by Tracy and Lois.  Tracy gave a whole speech about why Brook Lynn should wear it. We saw Brook Lynn looking at pictures of Lila/Lois's dress on her phone and Rena flashbacking to the wedding in said dress.   I know there was some weird twitter confusion about the dress, but the dialogue made it clear the dress below is the dress Brook Lynn was going to wear.  It couldn't be altered so Lois and BLQ just decided to use it for parts, which is a shame to me.  And to be honest, it doesn't even look like the dress has much lace.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Okay, I'll make my point quick.  From the dialogue and actions that have happened on screen-

1. Brook Lynn had to get Lila's dress altered

2. The dress was falling apart and the dressmaker could not make alterations

3. BLQ and Lois decide to use pieces of lace from the dress, so now the original dress is falling apart AND missing fabric

4.  Therefore Lila's original wedding dress is ruined-that's my whole point. 

Instead of leaving the old dress alone or at some point trying to restore it, Lois and BLQ decided to take it apart.  I get that Brook Lynn is using part of the dress so it lives on, but that doesn't negate the fact the og dress is ruined.   It's now in pieces and no other family member gets to enjoy it or even look at it again.  That's sad.

It has nothing to do with the availability of Lois dress from 1995 or a recreation being made.  I understand no actual 100 year old vintage wedding dresses were harmed by Lois/BLQ because it's not a real dress, but the entire show is fictional so I am just going off the facts given to me on screen.