GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

First off, I meant RH as Todd.  Can't type lol.

Sonny probably only has had 2 or 3 good pairings

1. duh  Brenda

2. SJB/TB's Carly

3. Megan Ward's Kate

4.  LW as Carly.  I don't hate them.  I just don't think they have romantic chemistry.

Yeah.  I didn't see that much chemistry with her and Ted King on GH.  Sometimes I think the show actively works against Carly pairings because if it's too good then she can't be paired with Sonny again.

Ric locked her in a panic room and faked raped her, so maybe he could have been Jagger lol.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think they tried with her and TK at all IMO. I remember watching for it and they had minimal scenes. They had serious chemistry on LOV/TC despite his scuzzy character. But by the time LW came in the show had already successfully marginalized TK/Lorenzo for almost two years following Tamara and Ted dangerously shaking up the show in late '03/early '04. They were taking no chances going back there, and didn't. It was easy to fob TK off on Skye's obsessively devoted fanbase (another character Guza didn't care about) or side player Lois and leave him there til it was time to die.

It's too bad they didn't make Roger Steve Webber to begin with. That might have worked with Carly twice. But I don't even want to think about RH on the show anymore. To me Sean Kanan remains the biggest missed opportunity and I'd still have him back today, with any Carly.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I knew you meant Todd. I'm sure others did too. 

Now that you mention Sarah I remember that she was very VERY sexy with MB. 

Saw none of this. 

Possibly a successful pairing without romantic chem. like some arranged marriages in dynastic relationships. 

I'm under the impression that MB has input into her pairings, or not. And I don't get how anyone could bring Ric up. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typo

• Members

The problem is: I don't find that Maurice Benard & Laura Wright have romantic chemistry, and their Sonny & Carly work better as friends / enemies. Benard had more romantic chemistry with Tamara Braun & Sarah Joy Brown.

He was wasted. Absolutely wasted and then insulted by the "writer". I'd kill to have AJ back.

• Members
Posted (edited)

These three are my exact answers as well. I really liked Carly and Todd a lot.

And when LW/IR were paired up, I never wanted her to be forced back to Sonny. 

I just got to the episode where Ava shows Sonny Jason is alive. Why does it feel like Ava really wants Sonny to think Jason is against him? Is she potentially on Jason’s hit list for Sonny when he returns to the fold?

Holy cow, Danny and Rocco are grown all the way up. Really enjoyed Carly with Danny, she was the perfect aunt in that scene. And loved Laura with Rocco. GF plays the grandma role so well without feeling old and matronly.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

We've been talking about this in this thread and the last for awhile. I've had my suspicions about Ava being behind all this for a minute. My take still is that it's cat and mouse: Ava didn't know Jason had infiltrated whatever this outfit is, and Jason may not know Ava is involved.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I hope she’s playing Sonny. They should never be pals ever.

Also Kirsten Storms seems awake in her scenes now especially with ugh Spinelli

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

She has my attention for the first time in years, and also looks better. The scenes (and script) with her, Spin and Felicia have been genuinely good since at least the last week of February.

• Members

I’m definitely enjoying how fast his return is going since we just did this I believe in the last decade or so with him.

Holy [!@#$%^&*] they killed off Britt?!?

Fire Marshall Bill mode is hilarious.

Man those scenes surprised me how good they were. Laura and Steve sell that relationship so well. 

I agree with all of this.

Mansi sold me as Kristina today. And older maturer Kristina. You could definitely feel her in the bedside scene with Dante.

• Members
Posted (edited)

As Britt's #1 hater since 2012 I am here to tell you she is dead as shît. "The Hook" (Heather Webber, though that seems like a hasty rewrite) got her on New Year's Day(?) 2023 when Britt threw down with her to save Joss on the docks. Britt survived that fight but got hit with Heather's poisoned hook and later died in Obrecht's arms, but not before the show threw an insane onscreen super-gay farewell party for her over NYE because I think Britt was already planning on leaving town. I know she had her fans but I'm sorry, they threw that big a party for Britt?!

Anyway, I believe it may have been KT's request so she couldn't be tempted to come back. She was notably pissed to be left holding the bag when Steve quit/was fired and she couldn't do the Jason/Britt story.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

I actually liked Britt

Please register in order to view this content

. I was stunned to hear she was ever in Jason’s orbit and that they actually had chemistry. I actually want to see it.

Anna telling Carly she would eat ground glass to give Jason a head start was an AMAZING line. Because it’s so damn true.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members
Posted (edited)

That was a crazy situation. I have discussed it at length on SON but I will say again: You know GH, so you know most of the time over the years it takes Jason a blood test, an 18-month waiting period and a counsel with God to get with a woman, and Steve prefers not to do big love scenes. You also probably know that Steve has had a veto on Jason and Carly since the late '90s, when he told the writers (including Patrick Mulcahey in those days) he no longer wanted them paired romantically. And untl 2021 or so Jason and Sam was the tiresome law of the land.

But something went down BTS in a big way all of a sudden in Steve's last year. Kelly Monaco, who had been very vocal about not being into a reunion and preferring Sam stay with Billy Miller's Drew/NuJason after Steve first returned in '17, was checked out for a long time. And around the end of 2020 Jason and Sam suddenly and unceremoniously ended with very little fanfare after almost 20 years. Then over the course of the next 10-11 months Jason suddenly gets with not one but two new women. First Britt, who he has no long history with, gets a really explicit and passionate love scene from Steve which he generally doesn't do a lot of - I had not seen him turn it on like that since maybe the Liason ONS in 2006(?), if not earlier. Then they turn on a dime mid-summer and have Jason fall for Carly again during their 'fake marriage' to try to keep the mob together. (They chickened out on having Sonny, who'd just come back from the dead, walk in on Jason and Carly consummating their wedding night - they pulled back from both at the literal last minute; I think he enters the house right before they're about to do it, and then had Jason just sort of explain things to Sonny and they let bygones be bygones, then the whole plotline ended immediately and Jason went off to Greece to die in a cave lol.) It was crazy. I still don't know what all happened there, or where this will go now.

Edited by Vee