What should they make a movie about next?

King

• Members

Capote. Johnny Cash. Ray. Chronicles of Narnia. Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter. V For Vendetta. Superman.

Biographies, Books, and Comics seem to be a huge percentage of all of the movies that come out in the last year or two. Who do you think would make an excellent focus for a movie? Or what?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the Irna Phillips idea too.

Kind of off the subject I would love to see the movie version of the book The Front Runner finally make it to the screen. Hopefully with the success of Brokeback Mountatin the movie will finally get made. That book has been optioned so many times but just seems to never make it.

It was optioned first in 1975 as a vehicle for Paul Newman, but didn't make it. It has been optioned several times later but no star was ever associated with it. I sure hope it will finally make it. It is a great story and I think overall the story is better even than Brokeback Mountain. It is a tragic gay love story, but great. I have read the book numerous times.

Back to your idea too, I think I would love to see a good bio film on the life of Tennessee Williams. I have always found him interesting.

And I think the life of Tammy Wynette should be explored again. It was done once in a television movie but could have been so much better. And now more of her life can be explored. Would love to see more of her life with George Jones especially.

• Members

Definitley!

I'd also like to see a Biopic of Bette Davis. The greatest dame in cinema history (my opinion ;)) It would have to be a 3 part mini series. Scarlett Johansson would play a young Davis and Dame Judi Dench in her later years.

Now we just need an actress to play her in her prime (40's 50's)

I love the Irna Phillips idea, SOAPnet should do an original movie based on her life.

• Members

Well, they're doing the Zodiac Killer movie (Zodiac), and David Fincher is directing that. It should be a good movie. I saw a documentary on the Zodiac and that creeped me out to no end.

I'd like to see more true crime make it to the big screen. I read a novel about church poisonings in Minnesota, called "A Bitter Brew." It was interesting to read about the divide in the church and the feuding between members. To this day, the poisonings were never solved, and the main suspect either shot himself or was murdered. Kathy Bates would be excellent as the woman that most people in town thought poisoned the coffee.

• Members

Gawd, I love Earthquake. It's *so* cheesy. I could do without the cartoon blood splatter in the elevator this time, though. :lol:

One major feature film I'd like to see done is of the figure skating tragedy on 1961. For those who aren't aware, the entire US Figure Skating team (skaters, coaches, and some family members) were killed when their plane went down on route to the World Championships in Prague. Sadly, among the casualties were Maribel Vinson-Owen (9 time US ladies champion, 6 time US pairs champion) at the time a prominant skating coach along with her two daughters (Maribel Owen, reigning US pairs champion, and Laurence Owen, reigning US ladies champion).

Archived