DAYS: Doug & Julie Remember Tom & Alice! | promo (February 16, 2024)

• Liberty City changed the title to DAYS: Doug & Julie Remember Tom & Alice! | promo (February 16, 2024)
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's nice they pay tribute to Tom and Alice, but better still re-establish the Hortons in Salem. Such a pity they were neglected.

Still puzzled why Marie didn't return for the 50th.

There's Spencer, Jeremy, Scotty that we know of who are pretty much blank slates.

And they could create a few more. Julie as the matriarch.

• Members

No one cares about “blank slates” like Spencer, Scotty, etc. who haven’t appeared in over 30 years or who have never appeared at all. 

The show should naturally re-centre around Marlena and her family. She’s appeared in more episodes than any other character and it’s not even close. She’s the star of the show. She’s who the audience is invested in, not the blank slate Hortons or Julie who was off the show longer than she was on it.

• Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this will basically lead to new paint, re-stuffed couch and maybe some throw pillows if they managed to steal enough pocket change from the actors. That the chair would survive the fire and not be completely smoke-damaged at least is lol.

I'm not sure if the backstory of Tom and Alice will be sweet or a trainwreck. Hopefully they went back to the source material for that as I recall they did write a bit of their background in the OG storyline bible.

I think Julie (and Doug, for now) re-building the Horton house isn't the worst storyline.

• Members

We can only hope. 

Please register in order to view this content

Personally, I don't get Doug and Julie reminiscing about Tom and Alice, even if it is (or was) Tom and Alice's home originally.  I mean, wouldn't Doug and Julie reminisce instead about the times they themselves spent in the house (complete with flashbacks to actual previous episodes)?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Instead of wasting time on 2 unknowns recreating Tom and Alice in front of a fake brick wall, why not just dig out some long unseen Tom and Alice scenes that illustrate their loving relationship.

Days does this sort of stuff as a tribute to its past but at the same time ignores the Hortons in the present day. Any viewer who started watching in the last decade or so would wonder why Tom and Alice are getting this attention. There is only  Sarah and Lucas with  that surname on the show. Sarah isn't biologically a Horton and Lucas never knew Tom or half his family.