GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I came back to GH to watch the Bobbie episodes and have picked a few episodes here and there since then; how the hell does GH have so many damn sets?! And they don’t feel claustrophobic.  I’ll be tuning in to see the new writers but I couldn’t not mention just the amount of sets I’ve seen on this show.

• Members

Don't get us started on their having a damn live horse in the stables. The show's budget situation for sets at least has improved a lot since the mid-2010s. I'd credit dropping Steve and Howarth, but those were much more recent and Steve is back.

• Members

FV has always been very skilled at managing a budget, which gives me supreme doubts he is going anywhere. Nonetheless his GH looked much more 'peppy and cheap' for much of the 2010s - everyone was living in the Metro Court for a long while, most of the sets slathered in grey paint, etc. That changed over the last 6-7 years. There's still too much of the Bed Bath & Beyond uniform look in the Q mansion, Carly's home, etc. (and Sonny's new 'penthouse' is one room and embarrassing) but beyond that the show looks pretty good.

• Members

It's good to have new people. You, here, others on UglyX. You remind us. The last time there were new sets. DAYS had a sort of pretend office cubicle & on GH the Q mansion got this huge observatory. Talk about contrast! But, I think the cast has got to be trimmed. And in this day & age I think it's ridiculous to pay for a horse & a horse wrangler. Also for a llama & a llama wrangler. And, if they did away with the blasted horse (which seems to keep changing) then they wouldn't be wasting a set on the horse. So, you see, we find things to complain about!! I won't bore you with all that's been wrong with the writing for at least 4 years. 

• Members

Friday's episode was good. 
(Even KM wasn't sleepwalking during her scenes.)

Why do you keep calling the platform UglyX Contessa Donatella?
PS: I am also one of FV's supporters. He is doing A LOT of things right and GH is the only soap that doesn't feel like a zombie. 

• Members

It is impressive. FV has found a way to maximize their studio space at Prospect Studios in line with today’s economic reality for the show. His peers could learn a thing or two.

agree with Vee- things got really better about 5 years ago. Before that almost all the newer sets had a blue color, everything had a sameness. There were times that actors with very whitened teeth looked like they had blue teeth at the Metro Court bar, with the mix of lighting they were using and the blue walls.

I especially like Liz’s house, and Laura’s apartment. Sonny’s recreated penthouse is a miss for me having watched when the original set was in use. I appreciate Kelly’s/Bobbie’s hasn’t been too drastically changed like the Q mansion. And I don’t hate the Q mansion. It just doesn’t seem old money anymore.