GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha NO! I wouldn't do that. Tognoni is still prime Skye for me, although, I do have other ideas for that role's recast. Brenda, for me, should not be a role that is recast. Either Vanessa Marcil can pop-in for a limited-run guest return or another one-year tenure. IF and I do mean a major IF Brenda were to be recast it would be a daunting task, and one I would not wish on a single soul.

I'm with you for a varying amount of reasons!

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I was kidding of course.  It would be an epic fail to recast Brenda with practically anyone-even a better actress.   Vanessa just is Brenda.  And the daunting task of trying to find someone else with romantic chemistry with MB these days would just be too much effort lol. 

• Webmaster

I used to think that of Carly, but they still ended up recasting her THREE times. If they can recast Edward Quartermaine, they can recast anyone no matter how much of a reach it might be. I don't agree with recasting, however, to be clear.

• Members

I am not saying you couldn't recast.  I just can't think of anyone that would make it work.  And with Carly they moved quite quickly with recasts and did a great job with casting.  Vanessa has been the only Brenda for 30 years on and off.  As far as Edward, I think it's a lot easier to accept a recast when the original portrayer retired or entirely moved on.

I have no doubt she'll eventually show up.

That would have been a fail and I don't think there was any real fear of a Brenda recast coming to fruition.  Probably just a scare tactic to secure Vanessa at some point.

Ha!  I just said the same thing.

• Webmaster

Oh, lmao! Then we'd have no television shows on TV, especially not a single soap opera. So funny!

As a side note, I find this annoying:

• Antonio Sabato Jr
  • Antonio Sabato, Jr
  • Antonio Sabato, Jr.
  • Antonio Sabáto Jr
  • Antonio Sabáto, Jr
  • Antonio Sabáto, Jr.

To be clear, I'm referencing how said person seemingly does not know how they want to spell their name on any given day. The bolded versions are the most common ones used by said person. The others are just the proper grammatical variations of it.

Oh, and they also use Antonio Sabato Jr. on their new book's cover, so I guess that's a third variation they use now.

• Webmaster

Does anyone else find it interesting how one Adam (character) exits as another Adam (actor) joins? 

Joshua Benard is done at GH as Adam (for now) as Adam J. Harrington joins GH as a recast John Cates.

BTW: John is Adam Harrington's middle name.