GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Members

I think that just had to do with the ATWT connections behind the scenes. Goutman for example (sigh) was directing on the show IIRC. I couldn't fault them for hiring solid acting alumni though; I felt it was important to keep up the NYC soap connections including old P&G hands. I couldn't stand the late Marnie Schulenberg as Alison on ATWT but she was actually very good in a supporting role as David's scheming TV producer Jo Sullivan - I didn't even recognize her, she was so bubbly. And I thought Seganti was appropriately creepy as a troublemaking lothario in the storyline with Kelley Missal, which really worked for me. I hoped the PP shows might mine deeper East Coast reserves in future like Maureen Garrett, Lisa Brown (again, RIP), etc. Sadly that wasn't to be. Anyway, there were issues with the show but those actors weren't the issues for me.

But we are once again wildly afield and that's my fault. Hopefully we'll get a proper casting, etc. announcement soon to guide our way. Or ghostwritten scripts.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is very well said, and I agree. Various people have told me over the years that they have withdrawn from participating on social media, because of the easily-triggered. 

Extraneous, "filler" characters are pointless and ultimately counter-productive to the health of a soap. GH has a plethora of them on the current canvas.

Mulcahey's skill has been evident in the past, so if we are lucky, he will be given the freedom and support to strengthen the show and downplay or eliminate its weaknesses.

• Members

It's how many years later?  And we still can't get that man's name right, lol.

I know I've said this before, but I don't necessarily need Patrick Mulcahey and Elizabeth Korte to write out a bunch of characters and/or introduce (or reintroduce) characters on their own.  I'll be satisfied if they can take everything that's there and make it watchable again.  So much of GH these days is so generic, for lack of a better word, and needs definition or redefinition badly.

Edited by Khan

• Members

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks TPTB directed Brenda Dickson to be that OTT in her '80's performances in order to sabotage her and force her off the show for good (which they eventually succeeded in doing).

• Members

I think so, too.  I don't expect the writing to improve overnight, but I hope TPTB allow Mulcahey and Korte enough time and freedom to do whatever they think needs to be done in order to resolve the show's issues, of which there are many, lol.

• Members

I’m curious if they’ll bring anyone back. My first choice is Julie Marie Berman as Lulu. Next would be Jacob Young or another recast as Lucky. David Tom would be excellent.

As hinted in the 50th anniversary episodes, Rick may be alive so I want him back to reunite with Lesley while also undoing that godawful 2002 story.

Of course I want Vanessa Marcil back in any capacity.

Matt Ashford as Tom Hardy.

Carly Schroeder as Serena. Or at least an aged-up Christina.

Amber Tamblyn as Emily.

A Susan Haskell appearance as Marty to establish Cole and Hope are alive and well while also retconning PC’s Ian and Granya. Never felt right to me that Patrick married a woman who looked identical to his dead sister.

Dillon recast.

Tonja Walker as Olivia Jerome, with the pubic reveal that she is also Alex Olanov.

A brief Luke return to establish he’s still alive and have a one-night stand with Laura (sorry, Kevin).

This would be hard to pull off but I want Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans back as Stefan and Katherine.

Edited by Lye-C

• Members

I deleted everyone I'm not interested in. Katherine Bell was so unpopular!

Because of the GH60 interviews I found out how SN got hired as Stefan & it makes me laugh. He went to a fan event with MBE & Wendy Riche came down to meet him & talk & what she wanted to talk about was this character Stefan Cassadine!! Days later, formally, he was hired.

I just wish we knew what they decided to do about the Cassadine problem. I like Adam Huss more & more. I feel sure Spencer is only temporarily dead. I want to know who owns Spoon Island! 

And I'd like it if they brought Lucas back but only if they would write for him. 

And they're messing up with Kristina & Blaze by not having them on often enough. 

• Members

Ehh, she doesn’t have to play Katherine. Just get her off Days!

Please register in order to view this content

You don’t want them to fix the egregious Rick Webber mistake?

As much as I like Ron at Days, I hate what he did to Marty on OLTL and what he did to her son and granddaughter on GH. Please show, address it! At least there was a line of dialogue in 2019 from Nora Buchanan that established that Marty was normal again.