DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Did they have a threesome?

Please register in order to view this content

So many on this board have said he doesn't work. It's nice the writing is finally pointing that out. Ron hasn't even bothered to bring it up.

• Members

Intimidating, sure?  But I don't think it's Nicole's place to tell Sloan about Marlena's affair.  I am sure Marlena wouldn't mention the time Nicole kidnapped her granddaughter or anything lol.

No threesome.

Johnny hasn't even attempted to work or made a mention of a movie for years, so I am glad it was said today.

• Members

Yeah, I just found some of the conversation odd.  Not in the overall affect or anything, but just some of the dialogue.  Like, hey, one time 30 years ago Marlena had an affair with a man she's still married to!  Scandalous! Just like us lol!  If Eric didn't feel the need to tell his wife about that then Nicole probably shouldn't have either.  Marlena for the most part has been very gracious to Nicole.  Just me being nitpicky because I did like their scenes in general.

• Members

7.3/10

I thought today's script was interesting with the Bayard Rustin and DEI references, it seemed au currant and not as if it was written six months ago.  Although, I don't know why they chose not to show Jada getting profiled at the store (except for the lack of a set). 

Jada & Chanel have often been paired lately, and it is also a good example of how the show is changing.  Up until last week, I had never considered what their relationship was like because they shared so few scenes.  It is sort of like Marlena and Nicole, I can't recall any animosity between the two before Nicole started therapy with Marlena.  Historically, Marlena kept out of Sami's life in so many ways.  Either she was absent, or just waged her finger.  But, I don't think of Marlena as being Sami (or Eric)'s confident.  So I struggle to remind myself if Nicole has ever been the subject of Marlena's rancor. 

Jada and Chanel's discussion of race was a little clunky.  But, we get the point that they wanted to make.  I thought it was also an interesting choice not to mention intersectionality because of the economic disparity between the two women and their families. 

Finally, Everett is Jewish? And Johnny referenced Roman as his grandfather?  That was news to me (not that they are related, but that Johnny recalled their bond despite mostly being established as a Demira).

• Members

Johnny really should develop a project - a movie or podcast series, take your pick - about the Salem Strangler.  It'd be an excellent way to revisit history (with the added twist of a copycat killer surfacing).

• Members

Love that idea!  I think there is real potential for Johnny as a director/film maker, but the show has done 0 with it.  And he has just loafed around for a year or so unemployed.  They should tie his projects in with offscreen Will.  Johnny will probably just become a cop or something at this point though.

• Members

I don't really hate the idea of Johnny being a cop either.  I just also liked the idea of him being a film maker too.  Johnny seems a bit dim to be a cop.  Not like Rafe is a Mensa member or anything, but Johnny is pretty much entirely clueless.  It almost sounded like today was the first time he figured out he and Chanel were an interracial couple.