DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Exactly!

And in today's capitalist world where everyone is chasing money and profits, I am sure that if there was any profit to be earned from soaps online, streamers or networks would already jump on it. 

Edited by Manny

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, in fact, there are many classic soaps being streamed. However, most of them are primetime not daytime. Daytime only has The Doctors & Dark Shadows. But, daytime does have representation on YouTube. PSSN & Sunset Beach are both on YT. I wish P&G would sell their warehoused soap tapes. And, I wish Disney would curate & stream all their holdings which includes all of ABC's soaps plus Santa Barbara. 

• Members

Sure, but primetime soaps have MUCH less episodes, so that's much easier and less expensive to digitize and host. I would also say they would have more audience interested in them.

As for SuBe and Passions, are they hosted legally (by NBC, or whoever owns them) on Youtube?

I believe only Doctors and Dark Shadows are streamed legally, no, meaning whoever owns the episodes has made them available? But I would say those also have much less episodes available than hosting DAYS or GH for example, which have like 15k episodes

Edited by Manny

• Members

Yes, exactly, the difference is sheer numbers, volume, density, number of episodes. 

And, no, Sunset Beach and Passions are not legally sanctioned by any means. B&B is but no one else on YT is. 

And, yes, only The Doctors and Dark Shadows plus the Prospect Park reboots of AMC & OLTL are legally sanctioned & streaming, of daytime. 

• Members

I was saying the same thing about Holly's OD. I like how other characters, like Marlena and Paulina and Tripp, who all don't even have much of a connection to Holly, are being weaved into it. It's making Salem feel like a community again. 

• Members

On December 20, Jada was talking with Rafe and mentioned that her exhusband's name is Bobby.

Pretty sure Jada has been married only once.  She has a photo of her ex that she's looked a couple of time.  So apparently the man in her photo is Bobby but he looks like Blake Berris in the photo.

It's a mystery as to why.  I've read a ton of convoluted theories but nothing conclusive.  Maybe it's simply something random like a nickname, who knows.
(and even if I knew, I wouldn't post it here in the unspoiled thread.  
But I don't know!) 

• Members

Good episode, even though the Leo propaganda was totally unnecessary. He cares so much about gay rights and gay men yet constantly tortures gay men. Go figure. 

And I’m also not really sure how Chad, or anyone for that matter, could find common ground with someone who sexually assaulted them but whatevs. Were those scenes somehow written before the strike or something?

As for the Chad/Everett friendship, it’s still not making much sense to me. If the show wanted to build that up, they really needed to take their time with it. The two of them should definitely still be having trust issues right now over everything that happened. And you don’t really get that vibe in their scenes together. 

I still am really liking the sense of community that Days has had lately, and today really reflected that. It’s nice that we’re being reminded that everybody knows each other. Everyone and everything is coming together rather than just being stuck in their own story bubble. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Martin Luther King Day, National Day of Service, what an interesting episode! While I agree that the propping of Leo Stark is likely doomed to fail, I sorta have to give them props for their efforts. I feel like the scab team is highly motivated, if you know what I mean. 

I find myself wondering who this new Chad is. And we've yet to find out much about Everett. 

Yes, I'm still enjoying this new narrative style. And, I have always hated pod storytelling. 

One thing I really noticed today was that the 40 minutes just seemed to fly by. So fast. 

I enjoyed hearing Jada's frustration at being profiled as a shoplifter.

• Members

Today's episode was a little on the nose and preachy, but I think the sentiment was there and the show had good intentions.    I still enjoyed it.

I had to lol at Rafe's story about writing a check.  That seems to be the normal check writing process?  It's been a minute since I wrote a check, but I always had to put my phone number on it and show ID? 

I really liked Nicole/Sloan.  I am sure Marlena really enjoys Nicole spilling her personal business like that lol.  And I have to disagree.  Marlena is of course perfect.

Please register in order to view this content

I don't know what to make of the Chad/Leo/Everett scenes.  They were weird, but I didn't mind them. 

And I am so glad Johnny realized today that he is dating a black woman and also has no life goals.   The writers really leaned into the fact Johnny is kind of a clueless bro.