GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The dialog Jan. 11 was that Bobbie hadn't been a "teenaged prostitute" as she'd been labeled for decades.  Carly commented that actually Bobbie was underage and was trafficked, and Carly said that even though Luke and Bobbie were close siblings, Luke didn't protect her. 

Carly said these issues weren't understood back then, but there is better understanding now.

One of the points of that episode was that Bobbie's work in Amsterdam was that she was rewriting the narrative of her past by claiming the truth and helping women in the present day.

And well ...  didn't Ruby run the brothel at one point?  Was Bobbie brought into the industry by her aunt? 

So with with this new writing of the last chapter of Bobbie's life in Amsterdam, I think it's fitting that it not be called Ruby's.

Maybe women who are starting over could rent rooms upstairs?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I'm stuck on the dialogue that Spencer said to Esme when he told her that Nikolaus has Ace.  He said something like, 'your father sent you to Italy to manipulate me'.  Did he mean Ryan or Esme's adoptive parents?  And how does he know that?

• Members

Ryan sent Esme to Spencer's boarding school in France to seduce and manipulate him. Esme's mission from Ryan was to infiltrate the Cassadine family and destroy the Nava marriage by whatever means necessary so that Ryan could get back Ava.

Ryan told Ava these things right before he died.

Edited by Aragorn

• Members

1-9

Well...I've finally arrived at Bobbie Week. And I'm not sure that I'm ready for it yet at all.

I have loved that the news was spread gradually. You know just like in a town...or a soap. And I've been loving all the Lucas mentions. I know I will gasp when he shows up. So many of the vets have been blowing me away as they have found out. And the flashbacks have me in my feels. I think my favorite scene to date has been Carly (let me say now LW has been knocking it out of the park since the phone call...giving me echos of my own paternal loss as well as The Body episode of BUFFY) and Liz at Kelly's. We don't get nearly enough scenes of those frenemies anymore and even I forgot for a sec that Liz used to always work at Kelly's so she WOULD know little things like that. 

I also like that the storyline ball has really been rolling since the post-Xmas episodes. Almost like now that the writers knew of JZ's passing, they wanted to give it its proper due while softening the blow by having other things going on. Or in my case, storylines having a turn (Esme getting her memory back, the attempt to out Cody's secret by Felicia, Nik's return, Nina exposed by Lois...who clearly had the best comeback this past year) or just climax (Nina snitching on Carly, Alexis/Gregory kiss, Good-bye to 'the Beast'). And I've found it all well done.