GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Steve might be ready for a re-do on Jason. Although he said many times in his podcasts that Jason was the easiest role he has ever played, what with the lack of dialogue on his part. He went on to say he has never had so many lines as he did as Harris Michaels. So who knows. Maybe they will meet in the middle and have Stone Cold warm up a little. His tatt sleeve might be distracting for some, like it is for me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

-- With Jason's return, I think that guarantees more Spinelli appearances. That's bad news. The whole Spinelli act is beyond played out.

-- The special last night had some good, special moments, but also a lot of head-scratchers and missed opportunities.

More clips, more history was needed. Instead, we got a lot of cool looking actor entrances (where we could see the sets) and too many minutes of people like Stephen A. Smith.

For Luke & Laura's wedding, we got only a severely tight close up of Tony and Genie -- none of the grandeur of the wedding. Oh, we also got a clip of Elizabeth Taylor as Helena Cassadine. Yeah, that was huge news at the time, but I would have loved seeing another clip from the past with Steve and Audrey Hardy, Lucille Weeks, Jesse Brewer, and Amy Vining.

John Stamos was great as Blackie Parrish, but he ate up too much screen time, and the clip they chose of him was bad. I actually thought Rick Springfield did a better job with his appearance.

I thought it was a great move to bring back a character/actor at the end, but the execution was dismal. "When one door closes, another one opens"? Really? This isn't the dawn of a new day, or even recovering from the loss of Jaclyn Zeman. This isn't some savior. The guy has his fan base, but I don't see his return as moving the ratings needle very much at all.

• Members

Ya, that was way too much Stamos. SAS/Brick shouldn't even have been there. Wtf 

Kinda surprised they showed ER/Lulu in a clip. I liked that Julie actress better in the role.

Loved the scenes with SD/Alan Q.  I don't think they ever did a tribute to him after he died, did they?

• Members

Listen, I think it's lovely GH tried and ABC did a primetime special.  It was really weak as far as flashbacks and too much of current things.  I can't believe there wasn't even a single Jason flashback to announce Steve's return.   I would say we cut John Stamos out entirely and give a little montage to the 95% of good stories and characters that weren't included.  

• Members

Yes.  I watch Days.  I have approximately a million posts in the monthly thread every month. 

Please register in order to view this content

I disagree about the amount of lines Harris has had.  I might agree in Beyond Salem 2 he had a lot in those 5 episodes, but not on actual Days.  

Probably.  Seriously, Jason appeared in about 300 episodes a year.  I am sure Harris's once a week appearances were less dialogue.