Y&R: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree with soapfan770 about Nikki and her flask. I also think that showing her guzzling vodka straight out of the bottle is totally over-doing it. How was Nikki going to pour some vodka out of that large bottle into the teeny tiny flask opening? It would have spilled all over. She would need a small funnel to fill it. I found that part funny (even though this entire subject is no laughing matter, I realize that).

Nikki should have checked into a locked down facility for immediate treatment to get the alcohol out of her system the moment their ordeal was over. No need to mention again that the ranch should NOT have alcohol out on display.

I have to respectfully disagree about anyone being related to Ashland Locke. That ship has sailed. Due to circumstances out of their control, they lost two fantastic actors in that role and there is no reason whatsoever to have anyone related to him ever again. They will never bring him up again, except to mention what an idiot Victoria was with him.

I don't even see them bringing back Tara Locke anytime soon, or addressing that Harrison even has a biological mother out there still. It sounds silly when they say that Summer is his mother. The woman was incarcerated due to embezzling from her shoe company, she didn't commit murder. Yet why has she been locked up for so long and Kyle never mentions her as Harrison's mother?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Tara gets life imprisonment for tax fraud while others who committed criminal acts wander freely through GC.

The lack of Tara mentions is a perfect example of characters being ignored and creating gaps in the story.

The Tara character was poorly written and the stiff actress didn't help but have her serve some time then recast if necessary. There are a lot of possibilities with her back-the Harrison situation, and a possible love interest for Nick-with Victoria against it . Maybe a friendship with Phyllis and a romance with Daniel-lots of roads to take.

Somewhere down the track she will turn up, kidnap Harrison and turn psycho for a Josh one month sweeps story.

• Members

Newbie here, still watching, still regarding, still wondering & wandering. Haven't checked in, in days so I thought I would. 

First, about Nikki, and that flask. Okay, it's black, it's fashionable, it would fit in any purse, but Lordy, that flask is way too tiny for Nikki's thirst! She would have to be refilling it at least a dozen times a day! Maybe she has several in there, all black, look exactly the same. Yeah, that's the ticket, that's my take on it. You'll have to come up with your own!

Now, about the trips to & from Oregon. How in the hell did Y&R get possession of the Pine Valley Transporter?! I guess when Brian Frons killed off AMC they were willing to sell off the prime bits! Y&R was smart to get it!

I was glad to see that Jordan employed the classic disguise: black cape & enormous black hat, the two things guaranteed to make people NOTICE YOU! Oh, I forgot, also big sunglasses. 

I really, still I know I am boring, cannot stand Tucker. 

I really am loving Mamie, Ashley & Jill. Also good to see Chelsea. Is there any hope that I will see Teriah? 

That's all for today. 

• Members

My thing with Tara is they are clearly not planning on showing Harrison anymore. He's always in the other room, with Mrs. Martinez, etc. I laughed so hard the other day when Diane walked in and told Jack "you should have seen how many pancakes your son ate!" referring to Kyle. He's not 5 years old! I was thinking that line would have been used on Harrison.

So why not just say that Tara is out of jail and he moved to New York to be with her? That would make the most sense. There was never any adoption by Summer nor is Tara a danger to her child. She deserves to have partial custody at least. In general, they never explored how devastating it would be to a child to lose both parents he has ever known (Tara and Ashland) so it makes me cringe when they say he can't bear to lose his mother, Summer, cause clearly the kid is resilient.

Same story with Nick and Victoria's kids, they have zero interest in ever showing them. Fine, so say they are in boarding school, don't pretend that Victoria is such a great mother "stopping for a coffee on the way back from Katie's recital." 

In the 80s Jill had Phillip around when she was at the Fosters (to be introduced to her various boyfriends) then shipped him off once she married John Abbott. Then they'd show Phillip once a year when Jill would call him at boarding school and ask him home for Christmas. He'd say he'd rather spend it with a friend, and Jill would be crushed. By the time they were ready to bring on Thom Bierdz, the drama was rife. Imagine how silly it would have been if they'd just been pretending Phillip was in the kitchen drawing with Mamie or out by the pool all those years.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

It ended as stupidly as it started.

Cameron ended up in the sewers with Faith after he tied a bomb onto her chest, which she didn't even realize was there. Sharon and Nick showed up, and it stupidly ended with Sharon shooting him (Man, I don't even know if I'm remembering correctly). I think I recall Sharon showing absolutely NO remorse for killing the man. And it was over. The end. So dumb.

They should have AT LEAST shown the bomb blowing up the sewers after all were safely out, but no. Not once ounce of creativity in this writing, nor any payoff at the end of a storyline.

• Members

Omg, Summer and Chance are the next big thing! They are adorable when they interact. Chance was totally flirting with her and then asked her to fill in at a concert of an artist they both love. Soapy goodness coming up!

Seems they are going to have Sharon be too busy to continue with the storeroom sex she had with Chance. I was glad Sharon got to get a little sex out of it since it had been a whole year since Rey died. But Sharon and Chance are going nowhere. Chance and Summer is where it's at!