DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I liked today's episode as well.  From spoilers I was thinking Sloan turned her back for a moment.  I didn't think she just left a baby outside to go back into an establishment.  What the heck?  No adult would do that lol.

So, ah, what's Nicole's plan?  Just raise the baby in the secret room until it turns 18?  Runaway?  

I actually think Tripp lived with Stephanie and Joey in Seattle for awhile so it is strange he never met Everett.  Nothing about those scenes screamed close sibling bond and I thought they did have one.  

Did Jada go to bed and leave Stephanie/Harris alone the other day?  I can't remember.  It seems like Jada probably should have made Stephanie stay with her.  I am sure nothing happened between Harris/Stephanie, but it's weird Harris couldn't have just said "nothing happened-we will talk later" instead of dragging it out for her.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It seems to be a writing choice to make Sloan so inept to make her more of the villian in the story which isn't really necessary.  She already stole a baby.   The show doesn't need to pile it on that she has no idea how to raise a child.  Sloan is a smart woman.  I don't think anyone over the age of 12 would just abandon a baby in the middle of a town square to get their wallet and long enough for Nicole to grab the baby and for Leo to steal the stroller without them seeing one another.

I think JS has improved leaps and bounds since she began, but today wasn't her best lol.

• Members

On the one hand, it felt like they properly laid the groundwork by showing how exhausted Eric and Sloan were on the morning of the kidnapping. Which could explain why she would make such a stupid choice to leave a week-old baby in a stroller unattended. 

On the other hand, why are they constantly taking Jude out in public?  He's been to the hospital, the park, and Sweet Bits.  Most new parents don't take their infants out that often, especially in the winter.

But, on the third hand, most adoptive parents have enough space for an actual nursery.  And most bakeries are large enough to fit a stroller inside.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Nicole kidnapping Jude made me think about two issues.

First, she left the stroller behind, so do the Dimera's live close enough to town square that Nicole could walk home holding the baby?  Much like yesterday when Xander offered to walk Sarah and Victoria home from the hospital, I am constantly distracted by the imaginary map of how small Salem is supposed to be.

Second, there's never any weather events in Salem, unless it's an emergency.  Sloan didn't need to bundle the baby up for winter.  Nobody wears gloves, and Alex wore a leather jacket in August. .  You'd think because so many scenes occur indoors, they would occasionally remark that they can't go out because it is raining..

Edited by j swift

• Members

EJ said Nicole drove to the Lake to walk which is by Town Square (apparently as of today).  So Nicole put the baby in her car presumably without a car seat and drove it home.  Rafe said Nicole's car was in the driveway.

The wardrobe is never right because they tape so far ahead.  Chanel has a table of baked goods out in the square in the middle of December and she was wearing a short sleeve dress serving them. 

• Members

Also, is Leo homeless?  His job as a columnist seemed to be paying the bills, and I don't recall that he's been fired.  So, why was he sleeping on a bench? 

Leo is already controversial, I don't think making light of poverty is going to endear him any further. (I know the usual people are going to defend and/or deride Leo, I'm just making the point that it seems gauche to derive humor from economic despair).

Edited by j swift

• Members

I can see why Leo would not have a place to stay, but he should have enough money for a hotel room.

The paper was full on writing fluff pieces about him, so I think they would be thrilled to have him back.  

He did say to Sloan he had no job, no savings, no boyfriend, blah blah, so maybe he did get fired.   It just doesn't make sense.  Leo's changing his clothes everyday and appears to be grooming, so where's all his stuff?  I think it would have been much better to cut showing him on the park bench and just tell Sloan these things. 

• Members

The "Horton Town Square" isn't a real town square. It's an indoor mall.  It has a roof. Really.

They made spoofy fun of that fact in the "Very Salem Christmas" movie when there was snow falling in the square at the end of the movie -- because it can't.

Edited by janea4old