• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

B&B and Jacob Young had a fallout before (back in 1999). He happily returned to B&B after AMC's cancellation. Never say never in the entertainment world...

That said: dropping RIck and Maya was one of the super stupid decisions in the 2010s on B&B - alongside killing off Aly. The show had such a strong momentum going (2014-2015) and totally killed it.

• Members

Jacob Young presented some storylines to Bradley Bell for Rick, and he was shut down. Then, Bell ended up using the storyline, as presented, for other characters. Plus, he was p!ssed his image was used in the opening and was never paid for it after he went to recurring. Young, to my knowledge, has never spoken negatively about the transgender storyline, and was quite upset over Maya & Rick's split, and believed there were other ways the storyline could have gone. From his exit interview (x

Please register in order to view this content

I was just wanting an understanding of why the writers would see a story like Rick and Maya’s and assume it had a shelf life. Because it doesn’t in my eyes.
First of all, the writers said, ‘It’s run its course and we don’t really know where to go with the story.’ I even wrote a story for Brad that would work. He said it would never work, and then used it for the new cast members that just came on – the younger cast. So, he took my storyline that I wrote for them. I guess he liked it that much. Again, the writers say one thing, but I say financial. Because they didn’t want to pay two guys the salary rate that I was paid at. So, Ingo got to come in and do his thing, so I guess as time will tell. I’m not in any way looking to go that direction anyway. Like I said, if they really do need me for a few episodes here and there, I’m all there. But I’m not interested in going under a contractual situation again.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t watched a full week in B&B in quite some time because it’s so redundant. So I’m not entirely sure what storyline your referencing. Do you mind explaining that? Was it the one with Thorne?
Yeah, and the interns and all that. I had basically written that, but it was Rick being involved. They’ve augmented it a bit. It’s not exactly the same, but that storyline was meant to involve my character. I wrote a whole synopsis on it, he asked me to. And he really liked it but said CBS was going to give us hell if we tell this story. And he goes, ‘But I wish sometimes I was my father and could say to hell with them and do it anyway.’ So, I said, ‘Then let’s do it. Let’s do it anyway.’ And he’s like, ‘Well, let me think on it.’ And it just never came about for me. Which is great because it’s allowed me to shoot three films since I’ve been off the show, two of which will be on the Lifetime Network in early 2019. The third will be going into independent festivals, and the last I heard the guy who scored Iron Man 2 is going to be scoring it. It’s supposed to be a really cool edgy film with Ricky Garcia from the Disney Channel. It’s just a really great cast. It’s an interesting film. It’s like Training Day meets The Crow. Really Dark. ❞

• Members

Interesting.  I wasn't aware of the animosity between JY and BBell.

As for the returns, always good to see Thorne and Bridget.  But as mentioned, what about Felicia and Kristen...I wonder if anyone reached out to Lesli Kay and Tracy Melchior?  I wonder what both are up to these days.