Days of Our Lives: September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think the other unknown is the creative relationship between the headwriter and the former producer.  I mean, if the writer created an idea that couldn't be executed given the availability of the cast, that seems like it is beyond his control.  This casting stunt seems to be the dominion of the production, not the writing staff.  So, it will be interesting to see if we feel as provoked by the next producer by the casting choices.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think they really screwed up by giving us OG Teresa & letting us get comfortable with her & even liking her. Now they're going to jerk her away & replace her with someone we are pre-inclined to dislike?!! Who in hell thinks that way? Gee, now, as a show, let's make it as hard as we can for the fans to like us. I know. I've got an idea! Stupid. 

• Members

Bullshit

Complete and utter bullshit.

You know, for someone who’s always boasting about how he knows the history and loves to pay tribute to the history, he sure loves to f*ck it up. Seriously, was this idea just written out of spite because his idea for a Bo/Hope happy ending was rejected? Or is he that hard for RSW? Hopefully, this turns out to be all part of a scheme by Vivian or someone. 

It’s also bullshit that Victor cut off every single one of his loved ones just to make amends. Thinking about it, it’s actually pretty crazy how many people both on and offscreen are connected to Victor.

And, I’m with Kate. What kind of person doesn’t tell their parents that their “grandchild” was born? I know Rex is dumb, but come on.,

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

OK, they got me.  I wasn't expecting the letter to be signed by Angelica.

Please register in order to view this content

I would agree with @AbcNbc247 about Bo and Phillip being cut out of the will.  My only justification would be that Bo never wanted his money (and he's paying for his care), and Kate said Phillip had a trust fund.  I would've argued that Justin should be pissed, but I assume we don't know what Justin's father left him when he died.

Also, why is Sarah still in the hospital two days after giving birth?  Does she have gold-plated medical insurance?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I guess I don't know the point of making Alex Victor's son for long-term story.  Yes, there is an immediate story, but how much is it really going to change anything?  I guess he gets money and to be the head of Titan.  He already almost was head of Titan and had money, so how much will that change his life?  Victor is dead and Justin raised him.  Where's the long-term fallout?  After the shock wears off Justin will still be the dad that raised him and Alex will still continue to treat him like his father I assume.  Sonny and the twins will not be his half brothers anymore, but I doubt Alex will shun them and become bff with Phillip (who I don't believe is here long-term).  Isabella is dead, Bo's in a coma, Angelica, Victor, and Adrienne are dead, and Sonny and the twins are offscreen, so........recurring Justin and Alex are the only ones affected?  It's a huge twist that's missing 95% of the key players and it seems pointless because there really isn't any external conflict.  If the show needed to do this Xander is the much more obvious choice here.

I get that it's to make RSW and Alex more relevant, but it really doesn't.

• Members

Just for the sake of argument.  If it sticks, it creates an interesting dynamic between Alex, Xander, and Maggie.  Now, Alex and Maggie have to work together and share power.  But, Xander is Maggie's favorite, so there's a natural tension there.  As well as with Chad, who was Maggie's second in command.  So, there is a ton of story to be mined.

I'm for any story that gives Maggie something to do.

I wonder how much chaos Vivian created after her one day at Titan?  I hope she changed all the passwords, replaced the break room with a trap room, and ordered a new office dress code.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I could be wrong, but my understanding of the will and those scenes is that Alex gets to be in charge of Titan and Maggie just gets the 50% of the estate.  So I was assuming Alex was solely in charge of the business and wouldn't share power with Maggie in that regard.  I see your point about tension between Chad though.  I just think Maggie has basically been removed from the business aspect.

I am going to be honest, though, I don't see that much story from Alex arguing with Xander, Chad or Maggie or at least it's not story I would be interested in.  A revelation like this should have a ripple effect on the whole canvas and it won't.  Xander will have issues with Maggie regardless with the Sarah baby secret and Chad could just quit and go back to his job with Stephanie with little consequence.  He already quit the other day.

I do think there may be some truth to Theresa changing the will to make it appear Alex is Victor's son.  How she would do that from a hotel room in a small amount of time is questionable, but I could see it being something Theresa would do.

• Members

Especially because she would've had to change both Victor's will and Angelica's letter.  Although I was a master at changing the handwritten grades on my report card at 9 years old before my parents got home, so anything is possible...

I still wonder about the coincidence of Shane happening to drop off the briefcase in Greece, rather than giving it to Andrew to bring to Salem, but I think that is supposed to be irrelevant. 

Edited by j swift