General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

This Curtis/Portia storyline...haven't we seen this a thousand times before?

Someone gets maimed or paralyzed or whatever and decides everyone else is better off without him. He literally expresses that, but then also verbally attacks the other person to make sure his plan works.

I am so sick of lazy writing like this.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, Hulu generally sucks when it comes to putting up GH on time.  I don't know why ABC doesn't just allow Hulu to have GH up earlier.  The people that want to watch it on ABC live are not the same people as the ones watching it on Hulu and they never will be.

Anyways, this is the third episode in a row where things feel amped up with stories progressing, stale characters have better written dialogs and scenes have little surprising twists, like between Carly & Ava ("who said I gave up my vendetta?" LOL) or Finn & Curtis talking about woo-woo New Age stuff or Portia & Curtis' final scene to end the drama and standing by her man (even though I want them break up).  They've even made that Dr. Montague even more sinister!

Maxie's kids are the only child actors on this show I like (Elizabeth's boys are nice, too, but they're older now).

"I'm Magic" was the line of the episode.  So true...Felicia Jones is magic!  GH's own Elizabeth Montgomery.

• Members

It's so funny.  I was just watching yesterday and today's episode and I thought the same thing.  The kid that plays Wiley gets waaaaay too much screen time and is so awkward.  I think we all know how I feel about Finn's spawn.  But Maxie's kids actually seem like real children.  Also, can't Maxie just buy two tablets for her kids?

Why did Molly randomly have an accident?  Did the new actress hurt herself?  The whole thing was weird.

I wish Nina/Carly didn't fight over Willow's like it's cool to have Willow's attention.  That girl likes to fold laundry.  Also, did Carly fire all her employees?  Why is she bussing tables and doing to go orders?

This Curtis/Portia story could not be more boring and cliche.  They really get the worst material and DT is particularly awful at whatever he's trying to do with his acting here.

• Members

You can take it to the bank. Once a week they do something to foul things up!!

Also 3rd day in a row written by scab writers. Unknown ones. The good doc, Montague, is practically twirling a mustache. I'm horrified at Sasha's story. I would have sent her on a 25-city tour as the Face of Deception illustrating that vibrator or whatever it is. 

Sasha today reminded me of being in the hospital for a week in May 2021 when for 2 days I could not sleep & I just cried nonstop. I had a doc who told me he was going to hit me if I didn't go to sleep. That was so helpful. I have Parkinsons & I had begun to have Parkinsons hallucinations & until we got some meds changed & titrated it was sheer misery.

Loved Carly at Kelly's & her line about why would she give it up, great dialogue. Nina so typically thought wrong so said wrong. Seemed like Carly was doing everything. No employees?!! But she did refer to a waitress. 

NuGeorgie did not look like her picture. But I really love Leo. James did a perfect pout. I predict NuGeorgie & James are soon going to love not sharing a room!

I thought NuMolly sounded youthful & her voice reminds me of Haley. Gladys keeping Maxie from seeing Sasha? That woman is going down!

Going back to Wednesday, Mo & Maura were just divine. Give them 20 minutes. Say anything & they make it work. 

Yes, to Magic Gran Felicia. 

@carolineg  Brooke was a very effective crier. But the set-up, premise & predictability of the Curtis POV is just so awful. My 1st goals for Curtis was dead. My 2nd was mute. I see this dragging on, endlessly. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

nüGeorgie is a real natural. I liked Violet in the beginning, but she's become this untouchable child, so I'm over her. Wiley looks demonic... and I'd like him more if he'd just... cough on Willow. The actor seems to only enjoy working with Cynthia Watros; he looks bored with Chad Duell & Katelyn MacMullen. And Maxie can barely get a house, you think she wants to invest in a second tablet? Haha. But Mac questioning who Harry Styles was was a super cute moment.

Who knows; makes me wonder if it's a jab at Haley Pullos, though.

Hey. I enjoy doing that. Well, the whole process. It's weirdly... relaxing sometimes.

I love seeing Kristina Wagner be given material, consistently, since upping to regular status following two cast members firing themselves. And her in "grandma" mode is brilliant.

• Members

Yeah, thanks for saying so. Not easy to talk about. The hallucination is actually a pretty good story. Repetitive, this big-headed person would come & stand over me & leer down at me & lean forward toward me menacing. So I would ball up my right hand into a fist & hit it in the face until it would go away. Success! 

• Members

A second tablet would be much cheaper than a house.  I feel like Spinelli's daughter would have top of the line electronic equipment though.  Doesn't Spinelli actually have custody of Georgie anyway?

Idk, I don't think Wiley looks demonic-he's just completely unnatural on camera.  GH used to be so good at casting child actors.  I am sure they could find a blond 7 or 8 year old with more energy.  I am sure working with Duell and MacMullen would drain the life out of anyone, but then don't give him so many lines and airtime.  

It's not so much Willow enjoys doing laundry.  It was that there was an entire scene about it.  Does anyone think Michael relates?  Do you think he's ever done laundry in his life?  Do we think he would live in a house without a maid? 

I actually wondered if the injury was written in before GH knew the seriousness of HP's accident and Haley broke her leg and the show just didn't write it out.  It seems like a lot of trouble to get the new actress a cast, but with the strike and everything maybe it was easier than scrap a day's worth of dialogue.

• Members

I think Spinelli still does have legal custody of Georgie, but given how infrequent Bradford Anderson has been appearing, it likely makes sense for Georgie to be with Maxie at the moment. Plus, didn't Spinelli say Georgie was returning to Port Charles to spend more time with Maxie? 

Please register in order to view this content

Truthfully, I'd love to see Eric & Theodore Olson somehow return to the role. And I am wondering why Caleb and Kyler Ends (then-James) only lasted a short-time in the role. Ultimately, I'd love for the role of Wiley to be aged up a bit. Maybe 2024? I feel like they're holding off to play the Nina card a bit more at this point.

Episode filler at this point, especially if cast are not due back on-set until next week (possibly?). I'm forgiving flashbacks/filler scenes right now, as filming was done in-advance for the July break. I'm surprised Carly isn't over twice per week doing Michael's laundry and starching his underwear.

Who knows, but it is brilliant. I will say, in yesterday's episode, Brooke Ann Smith did appear younger... but she still reads a 39-year-old person.

• Members

One thing I really appreciate about the current regime for the last couple of years is Felicia. Between investing in her by using her and Kristina Wagner leaning in to her character’s personality and connections, she is the most like herself she has been since the horrid Luke affair. She seems like who Felicia would be at this stage in her life.