Days: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Others have theorized that she'll shoot him and he'll be in a coma, but why couldn't he recover at University Hospital under the care of his sister and nephew? 

I wonder if Ciara's pregnancy will play into the reason that they can't return.

Or, maybe it's just about the housing shortage in Salem leaving them nowhere to live...

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think there are a few ways to keep them offscreen and health/family issues seem the easiest.  I think this is just a way to keep Bo/Hope out there in the world and they can appear when they want to.  Traveling is pretty consistent with Bo/Hope's MO.  They can get another Fancy Face (7? 8?) and sail around the world.  It is in character. 

Technically Hope has a house in Salem.  Belle/Shawn live in it, but it belongs to Hope. 

• Members

It would be logical if Ben & Ciara decide to stay landlocked with two infants and Bo&Hope take over the boat.

What did you think of the Stephanie & Chad scene today?  Surprisingly I think he's the weaker link.  She's charming and has a spark.  He seems to exist on a low vibration and he's not very appealing to me. 

Also, I know Hope, Chad, and Stephanie have a list of the Kiriakis properties, but if this one's a lab, why didn't Bo stick Kayla there when he first kidnapped her rather than a shack with a wine cellar? 

• Members

Agree about Ben/Ciara.  l don't have kids but two toddlers on a boat sounds like the worst thing ever lol.

I feel like something is missing with Chad/Stephanie.  I think both actors are decent, but this pairing isn't where it's at.  Billy Flynn has a tendency to be checked out of things a lot.  He's been better in recent years, but I think it's very clear when he's excited about a scene or a story and I don't think he's excited about this.  He does seem to adore Marci Miller though, so maybe that's the problem.  I don't think AK is bad either, but she needs something besides what she's been given.  I see something there with her, but it just hasn't been utilized yet.   Stephanie has thus far been a very standard heroine.

Good point about the lab and Kayla.  No idea.  That would make the most sense for Bo to get his cure, but maybe Bo just recently learned about the lab?  It's hard to make sense of Days logic almost always though. 

• Members

I feel like Sami would be told by someone because she'd bully her way into the truth regardless.  Although John seems very haphazard about how he told everyone so I would secretly giggle if he just "forgot" to tell Sami lol.   I am sure John told Will because Will actually is a decent human being.

• Members

Marlena could've FaceTimed Sami, but she's been in the tub most of the week.

I bet that family has a group text.  I mean with Will in New Zealand, it's hard to keep up with the time change, so I think they just text and send each other their daily Wordle scores.

The Johnsons can't text, you know with the patch and all, so they seem like a weekly phone call kind of family (although Stephanie always needs hypnosis to remember the contents of last week's call)

The Dimeras use encrypted email, The Kirikas family still write letters, and, of course, The Hortons use the landline in the kitchen.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Are they still married?

They just wasted too much time with the Kayla kidnapping episodes.

The reunion should've happened much sooner.

Bo and Hope should've returned to Salem for a reunion with family and friends.

Had them renew their vows and sailed around the world to return during the Christmas holidays for another short run.

• Members

I think so.  I believe they got remarried before he "died" and even though Hope has been remarried I think it still stands lol. 

They wasted so much time with Kayla.  Kayla/Bo is probably my least favorite sibling relationship Bo has.  But I do like Bo/Steve.

I think it's just hard to tell such a big story in 15 episodes.  I am not absolving Ron, but it's just not enough time to put anything together that's decent given the circumstances of Bo's death. 

• Members

I don't hate Kayla/Bo or anything, but that sibling relationship has the least tension and depth.  They've never had any issues really.   Bo's relationship with Roman and even Kim as well as Kayla/Kim are much more interesting.  It's nice to see Steve/Bo/Kayla together, but when you only have Bo/Hope for a very limited time it seems silly.  I would much rather he interact with more of the cast and his kids.