Same actors, different soap

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Also Kale Browne (Michael, AW/Sam, OLTL), Linda Dano (Felicia, AW/Rae, OLTL) and a shorter stint Kevin McClatchy (Nick, AW/ Brian, OLTL

Lisa Peluso must have crossed paths with people on OLTL as well when she returned briefly after AW

Eileen Davidson and Thaao Penghlis on Santa Barbara before Days.

Eileen Davidson and Stephen Nichols on SB before Days/Y&R

Edited by Melroser

• Members

AMC RPG *gus gl* HE *harley gl* and gl tammy actress?

I think they overlapped on gl but fiona hutchinson/dennis parlato from oltl.  Gabrielle/jenna and Michael/Roger

Anyone mention vincent izziary/judy evans as beth/lujack on gl and later on days as adrienne/deimos

also wasn't gina tognoni (dinah) on oltl when zimmer and ver dorn were also on?

Judi evans/john bolger were beth/phillip on gl and also on another world at the same time.

Edited by Spoon

• Members

I was telling Darn about this earlier, but HBS (who lobbied to get killed off when JFP made Kale Browne's Sam impregnate Nora) and Mark Derwin, an avowed Friend of Jill, both had no problem dunking on Browne with very little anonymity in Jeff Giles' book. And Tim Stickney openly put him on blast in the late '90s/early 2000s in the AOL chat era, I think. I think KB was a good actor in a very forced part, but I don't know of a person at OLTL with a good thing to say about him and he was fired the instant Jill left the studio for GH.

Larry Lau, OTOH, seemed well-liked, especially by Hillary and Cat Hickland. He did almost make Sam tolerable. Back then I thought I would've put him and Lindsay back together if he'd had to be around (something the show seemed to sometimes hint was inevitable even with Browne in the role, but never did because it would making JFP's preferred characters expendable), but Cat caught fire with Ty Treadway and the rest is history.

It felt very darkly appropriate to me that a psychotic Lindsay ended up killing Sam. Lindsay was one of the original desperate housewives - a woman who had given up her youth and career to make a home and family for a man who never really wanted her and then tossed her aside, who remained driven by her anger against him and the woman who'd taken him from her for years to come. When Mitch came along, put the gun in her hand and pointed it at Sam - even if she thought it was Troy - the fact that it was Lindsay who killed her husband seemed very fitting. Anyway: Way OT!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Larry Lau is a funny character, although I admire him. He had one of those soap actor's hideous reputations on attitude & selfishness & egocentric perspective so much so that people said no one would hire him again. And, for a time he couldn't get work. But, he did something with & to himself & turned himself around & came out, like a butterfly, a nice guy & a hard worker & not sporting any kind of 'tude. 

Robert Kelker Kelly's done the same thing, even going so far as to go to people he felt he had harmed & make amends. 

I am a little in awe of people who can dig themselves into such deep holes - and find a way out. 

Kale somehow went in reverse where he started out a nice guy & then screwed the pooch.