GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

No disagreement there! None of the soaps have been able to thread that needle, which is why I’m sorta pessimistic. RC has tried (featuring more inclusive forms of sexuality—pansexuality, threesomes, etc. Things DAYS wouldn’t have done 25 years ago.) But that show is just so unwatchably bad that it undercuts any progressive material. GH is content to do multiple concurrent maternity/paternity stories.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wouldn't say any of those stories are attempts to reach broader viewers. I think they are just Carlivati's fetish material. I would imagine his writing just makes people even more anti-gay than they already are. 

None of the soaps care about bringing in new viewers, but I do think Trina and her relationship with Spencer have been more successful at getting attention without alienating the conservative viewer base than others in recent years...whether that is intentional or not, I have no idea.

• Administrator

This is such a big reason why GH is the best soap and has been for many years now.  It's the only soap that is being written and produced like a soap from decades ago.  Somehow, Frank Valentini is capable of doing this.  So a big kudos to him. 

One minor complaint about the Sprina kiss......I wish they didn't go to commercial break after Spencer says all those nice things to Trina, and that the kiss happened immediately after so it would've been one nice uninterrupted scene. 

• Members

What is this soap? No, I'm serious. Granted, there are so many characters. OMG. It's so much soapy goodness that I either want to bathe in it or get filthy or dirty in the pig pen with it. Utter filth. It's disgusting!

And I'm here for it. 

• Members

I enjoyed the  Spring scenes yesterday and their kiss. It was a sweet and romantic moment for them. Both TA and NC did a nice job with those scenes/kiss. They continue to both do well in these roles. TA in making the character of Sprina her own, and NC for leaning in and making both versions of Sprina work. I wonder how today's follow up scenes will play out.

I hope the show still doesn't have Sprina referring to themselves as friends for a bit even after the kiss. But I do wonder if they will try some sort of stalling tactic to keep their relationship from progressing further.

I would like to see them continue to get closer/date/be a couple and deal with their family issues. I like that this version of Sprina has started to mirror OG Sprina in the sense that they are leaning on/trusting each other again and have become really close again. 

Edited by xtr