Back from the dead - The good, the bad, & the ugly

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always find it funny that Geneie Francis (based on what I've read) was treated so disposably despite being apart of the most celebrated supercouple on soaps. I guess she didn't have as much leveraging power in negotiations because she wasn't made to be first female lead in her later runs compared to say Susan Lucci on AMC, Diedre Hall on DOOL or even the Carlys on GH.

Likewise, based on what I've read, if not for Tony Geary's storyline interfearences --- could Luke & Laura have been a more stable and long lasting pairing without Luke becoming increasingly dark as a charachter?

90s family man Luke is a great partner for Laura, otherwise cynical Luke is perfect for Tracy. 

Edited by ironlion

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Thatt 2 or 3 week marlena back from the dead arc helped make Days #2 during those weeks in the ratings.  Had the show not insisted on bringing Wayne Northrop back and doing the 2 Roman's story...the rating increase might have stuck..imho

What I loved about Roger's back from the dead story was that it proved that people behind the scenes could work together if motivated.

Pam long was figuring out what to do with Blake (introduced during the strike) plus rumor had itthe show was trying to get Zaslow to play a recast Alan.  Once it was pointed out he was known for playing Roger..Nancy Curlee gave the idea to Pam Long to bring Roger back from the dead.

Long and Calhoun did say they kept watching Rogers death scene to see if it was plausible and both concluded no one saw/heard Roger hit the ground nor saw him dead at the bottom.

I do know Curlee didn't like the Adam Malik arc nor the wedding arc so I'm guessing that was Long's idea...but it worked because Roger was a character that it made sense to do that with.