General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah... I still think it would have made more sense if they had just said that Harmony had switched the babies, and that Nelle wasn't Nina's daughter (and therefore would have no connection to Wiley)

There's too many holes in the story, plus we now have to believe that Willow is older than Michael.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

(1) - @AbcNbc247 You make an excellent point about Willow and a baby switch.  I don't care where Nina gave birth, no woman in the past 25 years has been unknowingly pregnant with twins, (fathered by a doctor), and carried them to term.

(2) - It's odd that Nikolas's exit is in the next two weeks, but we haven't seen him since the Esme baby reveal

(3) I only want Luke back if he's still sporting this kicky hairdo

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Either that, or have everything planned for that six-month term. The one-month term for Emma Samms' Holly was fantastic. It had a beginning, middle and end, whether people liked it all or not. It worked. And the pace, for me, was great! Charles Shaughnessy's Victor is falling on the line of Wes Ramsey's Peter and Jon Lindstrom's Kevin: overdrawn by one or two Sweeps periods.

Mhmm. Which is also why the Cassie-Mariah reveal on The Young and the Restless also seemed off.

UNLESS.... Marcus Coloma is item #2 on this list, and that's why he's now M.I.A.?

• Members

It makes no sense at all. How the hell did Phyllis, who was Nina’s constant caregiver not ever find out that there were two babies? Even if Nina’s mother had paid people off to keep it quiet, I still don’t believe that’s possible. 

Plus, Phyllis had no problem giving Nelle away but a second baby would have been too much for her? 

If there had only been one baby, and nobody had known that Harmony switched them, that would make a lot more sense. And you would also have a decent storyline right now of Nina coming to terms with the fact that she has no biological connection to Wiley whatsoever.

Or maybe they should’ve stuck with the original plan and made Willow Nina’s daughter from the very beginning 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

It's a blessing in disguise that Jax will never return, so we'll never know why he and Frank Benson thought that Nelle would be an organ donor match for Jocelyn, given that Frank was aware that both Carly and Nelle were adopted. 

Unless, it somehow comes out that Nina and Carly are related because Bobbie, Obreact, and Madeline were all secretly triplets, which is why Tim Spencer wanted to kill Lena, and was then killed by Luke - but that's too convoluted even for GH (tee hee).

Edited by j swift

• Members

That's funny because I was just thinking that we've visited the well of Carly's parents one too many times between John Durant and Frank Benson.  The woman is a grandmother, I don't think we need anymore backstory, her motivations are well established.

And I think we need to give Nina's time in a coma a proverbial rest as well.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I see what you mean when you say it like that. Earlier I was thinking more like they could think of more story for her due to her backstory.

But thinking about it like that...perhaps it's best to see about Carly trying to get her hotel back from Nina. 

• Members

GH is a strange soap. Nefarious people are integrated members of the community. From the attempted humanization of Franco to Oberect, to Sonny being friends with Mayor Laura, and the Jason apologists, the morality is all weird. Josslyn for example was able to look past Sonny's criminal lifestyle until he cheated on her mother? I get having complex characters, but this is all mixed up. What's even worse are moral high ground women like Robin who excuses them, or like Alexis who still ended up having a child by Sonny.

Edited by ironlion