Character connections that were ignored/forgotten

• Members

For all soaps past and present- what are some of the relationships b/w characters that were played at one point and then seemingly forgotten.

For Y&R

Nikki and Tessa 

At one point Nikki took Tessa in and mentored her. But in recent years they have had nothing to do with each other.

Lily and Abby

They were friends during the Sussman years ,I think. But now never interact.

Any others?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Y&R

Paul/Lauren… They were such a strong and solid couple for years and it’s completely forgotten by now.

Days

Chelsea with everyone since she left. 

GH

Lulu/Maxie.. Did Maxie even gave two F’s about her best friend since she is in a coma? 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

tbf Maxie does mention Lulu from time to time...especially when she's around Dante.

Me...when I saw this thread...the first thing that came to mind was Devon and Victor on Y&R. Once in a blue moon I believe it gets mentioned, but wasn't Devon introduced to the canvas by Victor and he was a chip on his shoulder kid which Victor himself to relate to?

• Members

Bit hard to play that when Paul has been gone for years, but yes beforehand their connection was downplayed.

With Paul isolated because of LLB's absence they could have easily played up a lonely Paul leaning on Lauren.

Write in some issues that would cause friction b/w Lauren and Micheal and bingo! Paul and Lauren could be tempted.

Yes that relationship should have remained stronger over the years.

• Members

Yeah, Michael/Lauren/Paul writes itself. So does Michael/Lauren/Jack now that I think about it.

Yeah, I agree. Even after Devon was revealed to Katherine's grandson, I would have expected Victor and Devon to still have connection as Devon with from music to the boardroom. 

• Members

You read my mind about Maggie/Marlena.  I was totally going to post that in here and forgot lol.  It's been about a decade since they've even shared a scene.  It's most likely those backstage issues you mention, but I am sure the two of them could share a scene a few times a year.

John/Victor-not a huge relationship, but I liked it.  They were pretty close and did have a bit of a father/son bond, especially in the 90's.  A few months ago Victor referred to John as "John Black" like he barely knew the man lol.

• Members

I think it's obvious something did.  It's very clear they don't share scenes for a reason.  Nothing has ever been confirmed, but IIRC the rumor was it had something to do with Deidre's ex-husband?  Or there was some bitterness over Suzanne on Deidre's part taking over the main older heroine role when Dee got fired, which seems much more likely. Suzanne was in everyone's favorite movie Never Say Never: The Deidre Hall Story, so it appears they were close in real life for a time.  We probably will never know, but the fact they NEVER speak dialogue when in the same seen together or even share scenes with one another when it's relevant makes it seem like something is up.  Since in general it doesn't affect story, I would assume it will always just stay as is and they will move in different spheres forever lol.

• Members

Lol!  And the father of his grandchild.  But more than that they were close in the 90's.  He knew about Marlena/John's affair and was on board with it.  I don't think they ever had a falling out.  They just stopped sharing scenes.  Again, it doesn't really make a difference in story, but I liked that relationship and I felt it gave John someone outside of Roman/Marlena's sphere that was family to him.

• Members

Re: Lauren on Y&R I know during the early years of her return to Y&R she was involved in Paul’s story with Isabella and even dated Paul again 2003/2004, but she never did interact with the other love of her life Brad? I don’t recall their history ever brought up again until Brad’s funeral. 

But some friendships are best left in the past. Nick/Phyllis/Michael/Lauren going on double dates and barbecuing at each other houses was embarrassing. Other than some recent scenes involving Diane, Phyllis and Lauren haven’t been close friends in a long time either.

As far as past soaps I found it interesting that Holden and Emily were once married on ATWT yet for the last 15 years they very rarely interacted and didn’t acknowledge each other. Maybe because the Hensley’s wanted it that way?

Barbara’s relationships with Lisa and Kim also fell by the wayside. 

• Members

Wasn't Cricket an honorary Abbott at one time? They've completely forgotten about that connection and haven't addressed that in years. 

I'd add Sharon and the Winters too. It has always boggled me Sharon didn't have more of a presence/connection with her best friend, Dru's, kids. She should really be a presence for them now more than ever now that Neil is gone too. Sadly, Sharon is reduced to pouring coffee for everyone.