Difficulty opening up Real Housewives thread

Cat

• Members

For whatever reason, I click on the thread and get the following. Is it just me this is happening to? I am able to access other threads.

This page isn’t working

boards.soapoperanetwork.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Webmaster

I temporarily resolved the issue by reverting the PHP version back to 7.4. There seems to be an issue with version 8.0 at the moment. Will work on resolving it permanently as 7.4 stops receiving support in November and 8.0 will be required to run the forums going forward. With that said, I also have another alternative solution in the works that I’m just not ready to utilize just yet due to cost.

• Members

I appreciate you undoing the upgrade -- I was able to access the RH thread and others. 

I hear you about cost. Really appreciate you having looked into solutions so quickly, Errol. I know you do a lot of work on here to keep the forums going, technically and otherwise!

• 2 months later...
  • Webmaster

There was a kink in the system when we kept trying to update the server to PHP 8.0. The then current software version of the message boards worked for the most part but certain links came back as broken according to web browsers. We had to revert back to an older, but no longer supported version of PHP to rectify the issue. However, this prevented us from upgrading to the now current software version.

After ensuring a secure backup was available and with additional support from our hosting team, we were able to upgrade to to latest software version this morning. Things now seem to be working correctly, particularly the Real Housewives thread which had been one of the bigger threads impacted by the aforementioned software issues.

Let me know if you find any more kinks.