Beyond Salem Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hmm, according to CelebWebGossip, Peter Reckell is reported to be 5'3", but according to Wealthy Persons he's 1.80m which would make him 5'9". There was this picture with him and Robert Scott Wilson and Peter looked so tiny, lol! I was like, "Dang."

I don't know what's what as it seems anyone can own a website and report falsehood. I think we see that now when it comes to both left-wing and right-wing "news media outlets". However, I didn't expect silly stuff like this, but it is rather amusing.

Edited by Noel

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, Hope totally knows that Harris is full of crap. But I do find it kind of funny that Bo immediately knew something was up with Harris, yet had no problem encouraging Rafe, who went on to cheat on Hope with her niece, to marry Hope. Rafe fooled Bo?? I don't like that 

Please register in order to view this content

That makeup that they had to put poor Eileen Davidson in 

Paul and Andrew have decent chemistry. I still don't think it's as strong as the chemistry between Horita, but we'll see what happens in the upcoming episodes.

And it was nice seeing Chris again and also to find out what he's been up to since he disappeared like Don and Neil  Too bad he didn't make it as a lawyer, but at least he reunited with Savannah.

I hope they let us know how the prisms ended up where they are right now. Stefano managed to get all three before Marlena shot him. Shane dropped the third prism into the ocean, so what happened to the other two?

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members
So, this is speculation. This is not Spoiler. Apparently it's out there in some of the promo material that Bo & Hope are reunited. From a Ron interview, it seems that there is another major death in the works. KA has been unhappy on the show but has not wanted Hope to be recast with someone else playing her. What if Bo & Hope are reunited ... in heaven?

• Members

I do, lol! DNA is exactly what it is: DNA. I do get curious though because as I had forementioned, Peter Reckell looked so tiny, I wondered the same thing when I saw Bryan Datillo share a scene with Daniel Feuerriegel. 

As far as the second episode of this limited time series, I was kind of:

I understand the storyline behind all of this is about 3 prisms or something, and I can see you can possibly wrap it up in 5 episodes IF the focus was actually about the prisms. I think the only character that is doing that is Li Shin's sister from Fairbanks, Alaska? I dunno. This whole stuff with Andrew Donovan and Paul. Okay, Andrew is an ITA professional agent or whatever, and then 15 minutes later, they're in a hot tub talking about sexual orientation as Andrew places his wet hot tub soaked hand on Paul's dainty wrist. But, wait! That's not all, folks! As they check out the dude's locker, professional ITA agent Andrew Donovan asks Paul if he has frequent flyer miles so they can solve this mystery together. Are you [!@#$%^&*] kidding me?  That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works. It's like this too on the regular series. There's no storyline development with couples that will make you root for them. Instead, writers just people pair people up as quick as hot boiling water to a spoonful of Taster's Choice decaf coffee crystals. I'm over it. Then again, I'm not a couples fan, and we're no longer living in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's. or 2000's. This sh!t in the 2020's? What the fu*k ever.

It was good to see Eileen Davidson on-screen her real-life husband Vince Van Patten. However, her character Thomas reminded me of Toni Collette's character of "Buck" from United States of Tara. But, it was fun to see Eileen play a man because I remember the stupid gossip about her really being a man or a transvestite. God, it was such a long time ago. But, Eileen's got your man right here, bitches! Right here! (*gyrating pelvis*)

I want to like the character of Megan Hathaway. She seems like she's a really sweet person. I just don't know what the fallout will be. That said, I'm not setting forth expectations.  

• Members

No, Donna, Carlivati said Bo was in Heaven for the duration. At the end of the week, he very likely comes back to life due to the power of the prisms which figure into this storyline. Spoilers have certainly hinted at that possibility.

These DAYS specials should be a minimum of 2 weeks IMO. Even Ron at his laziest can make that work (and I don't think the fundamentals of the stories Beyond Salem tells are bad). I think compressing them into 5 hours is too little. You could revive a lot of soaps on their respective corresponding streaming outlets with 4-6 week arcs IMO, but that's another kettle of fish.

• Members

Recently Y&R did a show honoring Eileen & Beth Maitland who were both having anniversaries of how long they'd been with the show. Someone uploaded a copy of the video to dailymotion but before they did they lowered the audio to a deeper more masculine pitch. Result: the women sound like drag queens. I immediately thought about those old rumors.

Just watched the first two episodes The best thing was seeing John having fun. At Paul's Pride party. It was nice seeing Paul as well as Tripp. New Joey is quite a tasty snack. I already like the new Stephanie. Steve '' ghetto clanks ''Burton was BAD. 

Paul and Andrew have a nice chemistry I liked the hot tub scenes. So, far it's not as much fun as the original. It's pitiful that so many of the sets are just recycled Days sets. I could've done without the awkward Chris Kositchek appearance. And a Savannah Wilder mention. Ron Carlivati always uses history in the cringiest of ways. I feel like i'm watching an episode of the 60's Batman tv series. It all so damn silly.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Yeah, I think I was being nice IF the focus was on that. I don't recall prisms ever being spoken of in episode one. Perhaps the conversation of prisms were brought up by the guys who got shot and murdered on the inflatable boat that had the beautiful galactic star scenery in the background? Yeah, I saw the Northern Star and I was able to identify Venus and the Big Dipper. I couldn't quite find Little Dipper bless its heart.

Steve Burton's makeup does NOT look good. I mean, I don't know much about the actor besides his little tiff over Covid-19 vaccination mandates required by ABC/Disney or something. I got my vaccines and the only bad thing that happened to me was that I got a CVS $4 coupon for tampons. On the other hand, I got 25% off for any brand of mouthwash. So, that was pretty cool.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Stefano saved her and had her cryogenically frozen until Rolf later developed the technology to revive her. Standard explanation.

I thought Episode 2 was a lot less rough than Episode 1. Andrew's a cutie, too. And this was a fun use of Eileen. They also didn't club us over the head with the Chris K stuff, which helped.