OMG! Hilarious!! Leprachaun spotting in AL

Actor87

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's freakin' hilarious!

People crack me up when they're on the news.

"It could be a crackhead that got a hold to the wrong stuff! And it told him to get up in a tree and play a leprechaun!" :lol:

• Members

The thing about the news is, when they do the cute segments like that, it works for Santa Claus and keeping watch on when his sleigh is pulling into town...but if it's something like this, believe it or not, A LOT of people won't get the joke--or even know if there is a joke, for that matter. That's why I'm not always happy about news reports like this one. For all we know it could have been real; at least, that's what the news is supposed to bring us: actual, credible news. So I'm torn.

• Members

You would laugh, Actor (and I thought you might), but trust me. I know it's ridiculous, but I actually live in the viewing area of this news report. And I can tell you, the next day at work, several people scoffed at the idea, but some of us, including myself (I confess! lol) questioned the merits of reporting on something that isn't true. So we wondered, COULD it be true? And guess what? We're journalists, so we aren't dumb people, either. That's why I say a criticism of the report isn't unfounded.

• Members

See, that was the thing that set off red flags for me, Dan...there was NO b-roll of the leprechaun. Had the report included video footage, or something better than an artist's rendering that rivals the doodles of a 5-year-old, it would have been more credible.

Archived