YR actress returns (spoiler!!!)

• Members

One of Y&R's saddest scenes. Jess and Jeanne knocked that scene out of the park. That they undid Philip's death was just appalling. 

There definitely were loud rumblings about Ed Scott and Kay Alden being in a feud about the character and one of them won (I suspect Ed Scott) and Donnelley was fired. After that, Diane stayed well out of the Newman universe and was attached to Jack & Phyllis. I'd never heard anything negative about AD (and she was invited to one of Jeanne Cooper's last birthdays which was hosted by Lee Phillip Bell) and although AD will always be my Diane, Susan Walters did a good job, and I welcome the character's return.

I haven't watched in a while but I'll tune in to see her. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That sort of makes sense but I have a distinct recollection that, at the time, because I liked the chemistry between them (and yes I was very much into MM's Adam, sorry to say), I thought putting them in each other's orbit, presumably to seek revenge or something, was full of potential rather than a door closing.

But I hear the logic for why it turns out it meant the opposite. They definitely were writing her down a spiral at the end - which I thought would have been an interesting storyline on its own right - and I remember her fight with Michael ("I am surrounded by snakes and you are one of them") as being a oh-no moment for me but her exit may have already been rumored by then.

Yes. Again why we were right away hating that story, long before we were reminded TB is not a good actor and the gay stuff. 

I am very eager to hear how they explain that way but I am even more skeptical of how they are going to explain the Keemo/Allie connection. It would make no freakin' sense for her to be Allie's mother AT ALL. 
Even if MW's Diane was a fake or something.
I really can't understand how they are going to explain it away. And will this impact Deacon over at B&B?

• Members

Oh, trust me, I adored Muhney as Adam; all others, in my opinion, have paled in comparison. There was potential there, but Arena was incapable of seeing that beyond her own self-centered vanity.

And I believe those scenes aired around the time it was announced West had been fired, so it was definitely a prelude to something happening.

• Members

I have no knowledge or opinion on it but SW is only four years younger than AD.
Maybe Scott was working at MTS' behest. While I have never heard any specifics, we have had more than a few hints from people in the business that MTS is not as sweet as she seems.

• Members

MTS has always come across as a not so sweet person to me, I’m shocked anyone thinks she was nice at all!

I will always prefer AD, because she had that chilly vibe that always just suited Bell’s Y&R, and also an edge.  When her Diane was upset or mad, it could be visceral.

• Members

Canadian day-ahead recap from soapsspoilers.com (March 22 CDN/ March 23 US).
Julia Montgomery appears as real estate agent Tanya.
She introduces Allie to the buyer for Keemo's house.
Susan Walters enters. The realtor introduces her as "Taylor Jensen".