Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

So...no one is going to tell Shawn his wife is getting an exorcism?  Jarlena are waxing poetically about how their love saved Marlena from the devil, but they aren't going to fill the love of Belle's life in on this?   That's so stupid.  If we are going to do this can we at least pretend to try to do it right?

Although John running into the townhouse to grab his box of Exorcism gear in front of Chloe/Brady did crack me up.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I didn't check the ages of the other actors at the time, but Deidre Hall was only 32 in 1980. I wouldn't have put her out to pasture yet either. 

They really did SSH no favors by aging up her son and then aging up her grandson. Her grandson should've been her son's age! 

Meanwhile, John Clarke did not age well; he looked older than he was. I'd sooner guess he was Alice's brother by the mid 70's. 

• Members

DH had a sort of timeless quality in the 80's that she could play 30-35 for an entire decade and played about 40 for the next decade.  Pairing her with Drake helped because he was younger as well and Roman's job made him an easy fit for action/adventure stories.  The show wasn't wrong for investing in her.  I always thought they made Marlena too old in the beginning (regardless of Dee's age) and I was fine with de-aging her.

JC did not age well at all unfortunately.  It did put SR in a corner because she looked much younger than him.

SSH was hampered by the aging of her son and grandson, but also the pairing.  Doug is much older than her.  And while it's an obvious supercouple pairing, I can't see them fitting in well with the supercouple/action/adventure stories of the 80's.

• Members

Umm..yeah.  Marlena was claiming to be an older mom 12 years earlier with Belle.  I would allow a 1997/98 Jarlena pregnancy, but not a 50 plus Roman/Marlena pregnancy in 2005 having sex one time.  Deidre Hall is ageless and fabulous, but she wasn't on the right side of 50 on that one lol.

Although I will say DH looked stunning from 2005-2006 with the longer hair during the Alex North story.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I agree and I've talked about it in the Behind the scenes thread -  DAYS's first major mistake was basically aging Julie into her mid/late-30s when the character was essentially meant to be around 26-27 and SSH was in her early 30s. She became a "talk-to" character really fast - I also assume this is why Doug and Julie never had a kid despite it being an obvious storyline for late 70s/early 80s. Well, she had a grandson...

I think the show also just got better with allow characters to be vaguely an age rather than push them into the "old" bracket. Sami, Carrie etc are also characters that's very much in the vague age category - I assume Sami's in the 40s category now, but thanks to not aging Will up she managed to go from a young villain to a young lead heroine for much of the 00s/early 10s and now she's back to being an occasional trouble-maker.

• Members

I think it was a specific choice for Julie (perhaps some of her off screen antics back then?) and I am not completely sure having a grandchild aged her as much as the show made it out to be.  I think Hope's aging made her feel much older with Doug/Julie playing stern parents.  Marlena had a grandchild about a year after her own daughter's birth.  Sami was a grandma in her 30's, but it was a decade or two later.

I am fine with Marlena aging vaguely.  Again, I think she was too old when she arrived just to be paired with Don so it wasn't creepy, so I was fine with backing off on the aging.  They have stated Marlena's age though a few times in 86 RoJohn said she was 35 and in 1999 they said she was 50, so the show did kind of follow DH's age for a bit, but I am fine with ageless lol.

I assume Sami is 45ish and Carrie a little closer to 50, but then I assume Belle is in her 40's as well which isn't right and Brady looks the same age as Sami, Eric, Carrie, so I am not sure.  That does throw off Marlena and John's age though because Sami/Eric/Carrie weren't born when John was 20 lol-even if he's not Roman-I assume they are at least close in age.

• Members

Belle's aging will always be problematic, especially since they reference the babynapping all the time..and MM looking the same age as AS doesn't help.   Lol!  I just googled it and they are only a year apart.  And Martha doesn't read younger than her age.  She doesn't look bad or anything-she just doesn't look like she's younger than her 40's.  And the last iteration of Claire was about 30 as well.

• Members

It does right?  Ali does have more of a baby face, but we watched her grow up, so I know how old she should be.  I am no fan of Belle and never have been, so to me MM always looked too old for the part, but yet too young to be Claire's mom lol.   It just will never work right for the part of Belle although it's too late now to change it.  It is what it is, but they never should have aged a character that had such a critical timeline of birth.  EJ might be the most egregious case of SORASing, but you can reference his birth without giving any sort of age or timeline really.  When Belle yells at Sami for kidnapping her as a baby you think Sami must have crawled out of her crib to do so lol.

Re: today's show-

Johnny referred to Belle as his "cool" aunt.  Shade on Carrie.  Obviously, Sami has poisoned Johnny's mind.  Carrie will always be cooler than Belle.

• Members

I understand why Sonny and Will felt the need to tell Craig about Leo.  Sonny got scammed and wish someone warned him. I get it. But why do they care so much to scheme to break up Craig and Leo? Normally, when characters scheme to break up couples, either they don't like who a relative is dating or have a romantic interest and want to swoop in afterwards themselves. Neither are true for Sonny and Will in this scenario. They barely know Craig. Last I remember (which was a long while ago), Sonny and Brady rarely ever got along. So why does Sonny feel so compelled to do Brady a favor? 

This plan for Chad to bed Leo. Unless this is a precursor for Chad discovering his bi side 

Please register in order to view this content

then it's stupid. Probably going to be played for laughs. I hope it's at least entertaining. 

• Members

I have said that all along.  It's weird.  Do they care about Chloe/Craig that much?  But when you look at how badly Leo did Sonny/Will wrong it can vaguely make sense that they are out for revenge-not so much for Craig.   I DO NOT believe Will would miss Marlena's exorcism though because they are so close.