General Hospital March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think this was an absolutely awful time to introduce a new actress in the role of Trina.  It is ruining this storyline.  This actress shows absolutely no spark or fire like the previous actress.  It's like an entirely new character to the show.  I feel sorry for the new gal because she had some BIG shoes to fill.

• Members

People have to get over this

A Recast is not supposed to COPY how the previous actress protrayed the role

Tabyana is different then Sydney & her take on Trina is Different as it should be

HOWEVER, The esssence of Trina is still there and thats the point

ALSO, Sydney couldnt give them more time as the new quarter at UCLA was starting

AND GH was right to recast at this point, this story will be front burner & needs an actress who has the time to give to the role. 

Edited by John

• Members

If people want to act like Sydney Mikayla's Trina was somehow commanding every scene and dominating the canvas and not at the whims of story, like when Trina was drugged and framed while the white teens had a passionate love scene, they can do that. It's not accurate, though.

The character is the same windmill she has been since her inception because GH will not allow Trina to supplant other preferred characters. That hasn't changed from actor to actor. Time will tell if Ali has some of the same fire despite those restrictions, but so far I have been pleased with her work and the depth of it.

• Members

In relation to Trina, I wonder if what will happen with the character is like what happened when Victoria in the Young and the Restless was ‘re-imagined’ when Amelia Heinle took the role? 

I previously said that Tabyana Ali’s ‘softer’ take on Trina might allow the writers to make her more of a victim for Esme. Her being physically smaller solidified that in my mind.

Edited by LondonScribe

• Members

I think the new Trina has been absolutely seamless in terms of transition. The hardest way to do a recast is when they jump into a middle of story, so I’m not surprised we haven’t seen some of the traditional elements we’re used to from Trina. She literally said hi and ended up in jail. Plus it’s  been less than a week. 

• Members

She seems to have chemistry with Chavez at first glance. They'll have to make sure she doesn't become the little woman/sidekick though. With SM Spencer was more the ingenue than Trina, the less conventionally strong or dominating partner. I think TA may be capable of that fire but we haven't been given the chance to see it yet. We don't know what she can or can't do, but she definitely can sell emotion.

Edited by Vee