General Hospital March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was initially put off by the more timid take on Trina in the scenes with Portia/Taggert and Cam/Joss, but then I saw her modulate and grow in assertiveness as her conversation progressed with Joss and thought, “Maybe she’s good.” She certainly *sounds* a lot like Sydney Mikayla at times, which helps. But again, the main question is how she blends with Nicholas Chavez, who is just adorable. He’s just soooo good, and today was no exception. Mark Teschner really nailed that one.

NuJordan on the other hand… At least she’s consistent? But yeah it’s Sexy Robot Policewoman all the time… I suppose she’s as good or better than Angie Harmon or Elisabeth Röhm were on Law & Order. She would work as a rarely seen professional presence but don’t call on her to interact emotionally.

I like how Esme is not just impacting the teen scene. She’s a menace affecting a lot of the canvas…

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I think she may know what she's doing and I like how she's approaching things in this role so far. I do appreciate the softer take, while I enjoyed SM's version of Trina and loved her version of Sprina, I did get a bit tired of her constantly lecturing Spencer & others as well as doing stuff like jumping into the older folks business. It made her Trina come off a bit unnecessarily harder at times. Granted, I don't want to see Trina be a doormat either, but  I don't think this new version has acted like one so far. She is just bit more softer, and understated and I like it. I think this more demure take on Trina could possibly help her and NC's Spencer generate their own chemistry. I think it could work as they move back to a romantic in the progression in their relationship, especially as Spencer is realizing that Esme really is bad news. 

I also like that she sounds quite a bit like SM's Trina at times. I like that the dialogue still largely sounds like Trina. I think that will help her as she grows more into this role. Reminds me a bit of Krista Allen's stepping into the role of Taylor on B&B. It's close enough to the original (at least so far) that it works IMO.

I hope her and NC have chemistry. I think he's certainly going to try and generate it. I read an interview with him where he said that he thinks she's lovely and he enjoyed the scenes he's shared with her so far. I think he will do his best to help her, and I hope things work for this version of Sprina. I'm also interested in seeing how she fares against Esme. I could see her having a classier, "not going to sink to your level" type of stance against Esme and I could see that working as they continue to have conflict over Spencer.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I hope NuTrina doesn't stay as retiring or demure going forward, but I did see more layers. I do think she needs to bring the heat against Esme. If they make the character passive it won't matter how good the actor is.

• Members

I thought it was a promising first day for new Trina. I'm sure she's still finding her footing. She's adorable. 

I loved seeing Taggert today. He has way more chemistry with Portia than Curtis does. I'd love to see them tell off Esme. 

Nick Chavez and Avery Pohl are fantastic young actors. 

Joss is annoying and I don't feel bad for her. 

• Members

I don't think she really has lol. Then again there are some scenes I need to catch up on. Interestingly enough I don't think that Portia has really gotten on Esme or even Spencer much. She really hasn't talked to him either, though she's made multiple comments about how she thinks Trina is better off away from him and Esme. Today's show we did get Taggert asking about Esme and Portia bringing up that this was the first time he had saw her. But neither one of them decided to approach her when she was talking with Nikolas. Maybe Portia will finally/confront Esme after Trina is possibly arrested. I would like to see her confront her. Liz need to get in on some of this action too (if she hasn't already), lol. 

Also, I wonder what might end up happening with Nikolas/Esme. There is potential for some soapy stuff to happen there as she leans on him more, though I don't know if the show will do any of it. 

• Members

Well, I just wondered about a “Who’s the daddy?” plot today with Esme talking about a pregnancy, then asking Nikolas if she could stay the night with him. If not now, then soon.

They need to get Portia away from Curtis. They are not a snooze together, and Brook Kerr has a lot of potential. This is an actress who *ate* in scenes up against Vernee Watson, which is no small task.

• Members

I wondered if they would go there with Nikolas and Esme, though she's technically playing a teen right now. Then again there has been stuff like this that has happened in the past on soaps, so you never know. I wonder if Esme may develop an unhealthy dependency on Nik or if she may become so desperate she might try and seduce him or something. Or maybe even stage it like something happened between them. I don't know if Esme is pregnant, I'm leaning towards she's not or she think she is, but finds out she really isn't. I am interested in how things may play out especially with her and Nikolas, since they are still having him act like he's deeply in love with Ava.

Also I agree with the comments that Portia/Curtis don't really have any chemistry. I like both of them, but I don't really see any chemistry between them. She seems to fit more naturally with Taggert and I thought she had chemistry with CM's Drew as well. Though CM's Drew tends to have chemistry with almost everybody. Him and Shawn are two men that have chemistry with a lot of people on the show IMO. I also think that NC's Spencer has chemistry with a lot of people too. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

There are so many changes recently it's hard for my old brain to wrap around it all.  I think the new Trina is cute and still miss the other.  Like everyone else, I hope she grows on me.  I think Esme is going to seduce Nikolas.  That should be interesting.

• Members

Yes, I saw the one scene that @Errol posted on his article and felt the same about NuTrina. Especially how she sounds. But I do wonder how she will work with NC. 

As for NuJordan...yeah, she started being a blend between Jordan #1 and #2 which I did not mind. But lately, she seems more like #2. 

Yeah, I suspect that Esme's about to hit the big leagues post this story with Ryan wanting her to do damage with Nik and Ava and now that the wedding is on the calender. 

I said the same. Nice to not be alone. 

The bold.

I feel like you as well that I felt like she knew what she was...like she did study her predecessor a bit and then ran with it. Which is how I felt Krista Allen did on B&B