Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I *believe* John said it was because MarDevil's power was weakening and that's why it couldn't easily break out of the ropes.

Is this all of GV we are going to see?

It really wasn't an exorcism it was like 4 scenes of trying and poor Eric didn't even get a flashback with Marlena lol. 

This can't be the end of all the devil stuff.

And to be on the opposite side of pretty much everyone, I don't think the show is that bad.  I already knew the Devil story was going to be crap so it's fine, but I am actually finding the show more watchable than it was a few months ago.  I don't love any particular story, but day to day it seems to flow better.

• Members

How dumb is Lucas? He's not even a good villain. How Sami can't tell it's Lucas that kidnapped her is just ridiculous. Lucas sh!ts in his pants everytime his co conspirator is mentioned. He even looks guilty.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Anything is better than Dena Higley, on any program. Ron is capable of great work, but this isn't it and he hasn't been at his peak in a long time. Part of that is on the state of the industry, the show, the budget, the time and part of it is simply him.

• Members

I'm not surprised. You can see it in everything he writes.

That's why I say imaginative as hell but no taste. He's too un-self-aware to know when he's taken it past the edge. Too stuck in his ego to recognize his frailties. He needs a co-HW who shares his vision with better taste.

Quan? I dunno.

I agree minus the devil story. 

Ron has crafted a fun version of Salem with a solid foundation that's come together nicely.

There's a lot of potential and I never thought I'd say that when I gave the show up years ago but a co-HW is a MUST. He needs guidance and an ego check.

• Members

This reminds me of the whole Franco saga where Lucas was even worse at hiding his guilt.
Which is adorable but also going to be irritating very quickly. Not happy about Lucas doing something out-of-character like this, even if I accept the Devil's interference, but I would be even less happy if they turn Sami into an idiot as well.

That is indeed the correct diagnosis.
The minute they said they would revisit the posession I said I was worried that RC had only *heard* and seen tidbits of the posesion and would take the camp elements of it without understanding the heart and subtext behind it. I didn't even like it the first time but at least there was some earnestness on Reilly's part. It was camp and bad at times but he was telling a story, not a months-long wink-wink nudge-nudge series of jokes.
RC 

• Members

Yep.

I shotgunned that campaign to get her tossed in 2010 or so. I can't remember the year. We got rid of her once and she popped back up like the Babadook after terrorizing other shows. Was she Corday's side piece or something? I still can't fathom it.

Pretty mean to flood phones to get somebody fired but damn. Her disordered thinking shouldn't be allowed to write ketchup packet instructions.

Edited by KLN