Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I am surprised that Carlivati didn’t have Marlena levitating above the bed as some homage given it is Christmas Eve lol.

Shawn and Belle definitely deserve a better story than Jan coming out of a coma once a year to taunt them. In fact Jan deserves better too…why not have Jan go seek revenge on Mimi or something lol.

I personally thought Melissa Reeves looked homely and acted bad. Not as bad as the nadir of Jennifer & Daniel Jonas, but after Cady McClain Missy’s return was kaput and lame imo. 

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Martha Madison acting is atrocious!  BB isn't any better either. They're a boring couple.

I had to laugh at Ciara and Ben making out on the couch like nothing had happened. They weren't even bothered that Philip could be dead.

Ron had two devils on today though...Mardevil and Ben. That angel decoration didn't stand a chance.

• Members

I think Martha Madison is a great talent. She is so much better than whiny and babyish Kirsten Storms. Martha plays a great “mature” Belle. I agree with Brandon Beemer being boring. There’s a reason why Belle has had more focus over the years while Shawn was either in the background or holding Belle’s purse —- he’s not as interesting as she is. Belle actually sparkles with JKJ’s Philip, more than he ever did with Chloe.

• Members

Yes it's Kenny. Great to see him back! I wouldnt have said that a few years back. Now if we could only bring back KevinC1980 I believe was his username. He loved Days and pretty much loved everything about it. That's true dedication to your soap!

• Members

Disagree. She tried to play Belle "mature" 15 plus years ago, and it wasn't good then, either. We trade whiny and babyish for petulant and icy. It was no coincidence she went from fashion executive to attorney.   BB has so much potential but he comes across like some ancient Greek statue recovered from ruins, covered in dust and ash. He would work as some type of stoic '80s anime character.

• Members

I appreciate that Ron! I'm happy to be posting here again. SON has always been a second home to me. 

Long time @Manny! You been alright? It's been ages!

What's Carlivati's name here?

I like MM too. I liked her better years ago but I think she makes a believable daughter for Marlena. She could definutely use a bit more warmth though.

Beemer is boring but I like his Shawn. Basic good guy, not a lot of complexity but they could always write him better. I think they should do a Shawn/Chloe affair.

Edited by KLN

• Members

I mean this would have made sense when they were dating IRL.
As exes, it seems... a tad unlikely.

I don't think the issue with Shawn/Belle are the actors.
I think it is the disease that ate up so much of DOOL potential: supercoupledom. Once you have decided two actors are to stay with each other, and the audience does not tolerate you separating them for any length of time, the characters become a lot harder to write for in any compelling manner.
And it is even worse when it is two basic good characters in the first place. You are piling boring onto bland and that doesn't lead to good results.
I liked Beemer on B&B so I know there can be life somewhere in there if they are given something different to do. Going from Shawn/Belle to Belle/Shawn with a stop at Shawn and Belle is always going to struggle being compelling.

• Members

Years and years ago, over a decade now and before my current work, when I tossed off a regular feature on a certain site under an assumed name to make a little cash on the side I was told (fairly late in the game) that Carlivati and Valentini kept an eye on it re: my rambling opinions. I imagine by now they'd like to crucify me. Oh well.