Weekly Preview (11/15/21) – Days of Our Lives

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So is ED just going to be Kristen in scenes with Drake and SH is going to play Kristen around town?  I don't really mind, but is the show not even going to try to make it make sense?  I know I am watching a show that currently features devil possession, but it's kind of humorous that the show will feature both actresses as Kristen on the same day.  That could be really confusing to a new viewer (if this show has new viewers which I am not sure it does lol).  I also think it's strange they play up Kristen/John only when ED is in the role.  SH's Kristen acts like she hardly knows John/Marlena or only knows them in a capacity as Rachel's grandparents.  Anyway, not complaining necessarily I just think it's funny Ron will literally take ED as Kristen in any capacity, logistics be damned.

• Members

Eileen is playing a demon who tries to seem to be like 1990s Kristen.
Stacy is playing real Kristen, real Susan, and possessed Susan.

Eileen filmed her KristenDevil scenes for regular daytime Days concurrently with filming her scenes as Kristen for BeyondSalem.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I totally get the concept and see what they are trying to do, but that doesn't make it make sense.   Kristen from the 90's and Kristen from today are still the same person you know?  Kristen didn't have plastic surgery or anything to alter her appearance since the 90's.   Obviously, it's going to be ED's Kristen trying to seduce John and a fun little throwback but it is confusing especially if you didn't know the history of the character.  I am sure it's a schedule thing, but ED probably should have played Kristen across the board for the handful of episodes she's in.

• Members

Yeah definitely.  I do always enjoy Eileen and this show has brought back Josh Taylor, Wayne Northrop, Judi Evans, Tamara Braun etc back as different characters.  I can suspend my disbelief.   I just think it's awkward to have them both playing Kristen at the same time.  It sort of reminds me of that GH anniversary episode (which I think RC wrote as well) with MB reminiscing with all the actresses that played Carly about their love.  Just a gimmick.