Any storylines altered or dropped because of real world factors?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am going to see if I can look this up.  None of this even sounds vaguely familiar to me lol.

Haha!  There is actually a fanvid of Emily/Patrick so you aren't there only fan.  They look lovely together.  I think Patrick and Liz had more chemistry though.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Gail Rae Carlson’s real life pregnancy being written into GH had long reaching consequences. Her character had an affair with Alan Quartermaine. She gave birth to Jason. And of course Jason has dominated story there for the better part of the last 25 years’

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah, it usually never works out as planned, but it worked out well for Patrick/Robin.  Although I think both actors/characters would have worked well with several others.  I consider them the last real big couple GH has had.  Not supercouple, but the last couple that was critically adored and had a huge following.  I am still a Robin/Jason stan so I never really cared one way or the other lol

• Members

Well that certainly didn't help, but I did think the initial Robin "dying" story was pretty good.  Her walking in on Patrick and Sabrina's wedding was really great soap.  I prefer they got a happy ending off screen.   Robin is a character who I think truly deserves that.  It was awkward toward the end of both KMc and JT's run where Robin was in and out and he was with Sam? I think.

• Members

Was the current storyline of GH altered by the impending exit of Steve Burton? Surely everyone was expecting Sonny to return after Jason and Carly were married and/or cavorting in bed when Sonny showed up. If that was the initial plan, it was smart to short circuit it if they knew that SBu might be making a sudden exit. The interrupted wedding was lame, but it made Jason's exit much simpler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think it also helped that Robin had been away for awhile.  Robin had made significant changes in her life and it didn't make sense for her to be re-paired with Jason (even though I loved them!).  Obviously, the chemistry was there as well so it worked.  It didn't seem as forced as those other pairings. 

Jax/Sonny were hooking up with Hannah/Sam like 5 minutes after Vanessa Marcil left.   Both women were clearly set up to fail being such obvious Brenda replacements so soon after her departure.  Patrick wasn't set up to be a Jason replacement. I never compared Patrick to Jason.  He was set up to be Robin's love interest which I think made a huge difference and they happened to be very natural together.  It helps that KMc has had chemistry with everyone she has ever been paired with and JT is a charismatic natural performer as well.