• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnXOGDopTQM/

January 13, 2023

iamdavidkessler Verified

I’ve been so fortunate to have Lisa Marie as a friend. Her bold, authentic personality made her a loyal daughter and devoted mother. The loss of her son inspired her to work toward becoming an advocate for those who are struggling with the heartbreak of grief.

I met Lisa Marie after her son Ben died. She wanted to talk to me, not because I was a grief expert, but because I was someone who also had a child die. It became an improbable friendship but that is how grief works.

Last weekend, she asked me to go with her to Memphis for her father’s 88th birthday celebration. She had countless invites for the weekend, but for her, there were only three important ones: being at her father’s birthday celebration, spending time at her son and father’s grave after the tours left Graceland, and meeting with a recently bereaved mother.

I watched how Lisa Marie tenderly talked to this heartbroken mother about what to expect in grief. That's what interested her most these days, helping others in grief.

She had her challenges but always faced them. She was in my grief educator program and many who met her and chatted with her had no idea who she was. To them, she was a mother, whose son had died and wanted to turn her pain into purpose. She co-led grief groups with me for the past two years at her home for other bereaved parents. We were planning on doing a podcast about grief together. Her family, love for music, maintaining her father's legacy, and helping others became her priorities.

Last weekend was so much fun and she was optimistic. Graceland was her happy place and the employees who all knew her shared that she was looking so much better. She looked more at peace and was so proud of the Elvis movie.

Saturday night we sat at the graves of her father and son. We talked about the heartbreak she grew up with and the more recent devastation of her son’s death. She showed me where she would be buried someday. I said a long time from now …and she said yes,I have so much to do.

Rest in peace with your father and son, Lisa Marie.

pic taken of us last weekend at Graceland

#lisamariepresley #lmp #elvismovie #graceland

info on David Kessler
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kessler_(writer)

• Members

This would have been a time that the likes of VH1 would have done some sort of retrospective on the discography of David Crosby…had they still been interested in actual music in any way. Had A&E still been actively involved in biography shows as they once were, there would be an announcement of an upcoming episode of the life and times of David Crosby, but those days are long gone.