Behind-the-Scenes Feuds & Drama: TV’s Most Dysfunctional Sets

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember that story from last year. I’m surprised Fillion even got that show on the air considering how tired and mediocre I found it to be. I resent how men like Fillion and Peter Krause keep popping up in show after show.

Simon Cowell is a well known pig.

• Members

Apparently, it was this article

https://people.com/archive/a-set-becomes-a-set-to-as-mrs-kotter-takes-on-gabe-and-the-sweathogs-take-sides-vol-10-no-19/

that led Gabe to seek out Marcia for a talk. They did, cleared the air, and realized that Komack had been playing them against each other. Gabe happened to be guest-hosting the Tonight Show that week and invited Marcia to be on. She accepted, and the hatchet was buried. (I learned that in a TV interview with the two that has since been taken off YouTube.)

I believe the last time the two were in public together was at the 2011 TV Land Awards. Gabe even wrote a tribute to Marcia in Time Magazine after she passed in 2014.

https://time.com/3547835/gabe-kaplan-remembers-marcia-strassman/

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

See? I had read somewhere a few years that the reason for Nathan vs Stana was because at some point they had some...encounter/ONS/etc...and Stana kept it moving. And Nathan did not take it well. And of course everyone had to take sides. A mess.

Like most Whedon actors and actresses, I was not sure how I felt about that knowledge. I still have yet to binge watch the whole series (I even did CASTLE as a spec script when I was trying to break into writing for TV, I had wanted to work on it) and I always felt...especially since I had to study Season Three for my spec script that whatever happened happened in Season 4. But I would have to go into what was going on in their lives at that time to see. And like a lot of the BUFFY/ANGEL drama, I just did not want my view of the actors tainted by BTS. 

Just seeing some of that ROOKIE talk about saddens me about Nathan Fillon. Liked since he was Joey on OLTL. Loved him on FIREFLY and the other Whedon shows. And he always appeared to be fun without being full of himself. So I always will wonder what happened and be too scared to find out. 

And just think...he also got attacked during #metoo because he was as bad BTS there as it appears. Well...worse.

• Members

It’s funny: Patinkin has been notoriously a nightmare throughout his screen and stage career. But it feels like Homeland has successfully rehabilitated his image.

The rot just feels like it ran deep on CM. That show is still under investigation for serious violations by the crew.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

However, Linda Gray, Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy were really close friends in real life so this was not BTS drama. A lot of times actors say they eat smelly foods for kissing/love scenes so that it is not sexy for them as actors I guess to stop there being any potential romantic sparks.

I like Teri but she seems to have had conflicts with most people she has worked with. She had problems with Pierce Brosnan and the director of JB, she did not get along with Dean Cain. I am also sure that I saw footage a few years ago on YouTube of Teri shooting a lot of her later DH scenes on her own and then they were spliced together with the other actors. I think for many scenes she was not shooting opposite many of the other female leads on DH.

Didn't Joss handover a lot of the show running in the later seasons of Buffy to Marti Noxon. I remember lots of fans being pissed off by her vision of the show. Hard to know what is the truth!

Edited by daysgoby

• Members

@daysgoby Wow! I had no idea Teri Hatcher filmed separately! I’m rewatching the series and I read when Nicollette Sheridan was fired the original plan was to kill Susan. Maybe that is why. I do think as I’m almost finished that losing Nicollette hurt the show tremendously. Her final episode showed how well her character could fit if fleshed out. Without her the show lost a sense of humor and it’s heart. I feel Eva Longoria carries the show once she left. 

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Of course, we would be remiss not to mention the feud between Lana Turner and Jane Wyman on the set of FALCON CREST.  From what I have read over the years, their feud stretched all the way back to their days in the "studio system;" and apparently, things got so tense between them on FC that whenever the two actresses had to share scenes, they would film each actress' side separately, then splice them together in editing.

RE: Nicollette Sheridan -- I know I've read that the other, older actresses on KNOTS LANDING (Michele Lee, Joan Van Ark, Donna Mills, etc.) weren't all that friendly toward her, but I chalk that up more to the fact that she was younger and receiving a large amount of story and screen time rather quickly.

Not exactly apropos, but I'd love, love, LOVE to see someone (besides Ryan [!@#$%^&*] Murphy) do a movie or mini-series about the Lana Turner/Johnny Stompanato relationship and his death at the hands of her daughter, Cheryl Crane.

Edited by Khan