Ratings From the 90's

• Members

I was provided the 5/20/91 and 5/27/91 ratings from another soap magazine, which match exactly what Soap Opera Weekly has, so even though we are missing those two books, that gives more confirmation to the numbers being correct.

Edited by JAS0N47

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Picking up where we left off in the 1980's, here is 1990!

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 12/25/89-12/29/89 & 1/1/90-1/5/90:

Please register in order to view this content

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 1/8/90-1/12/90 & 1/15/90-1/19/90:

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 1/22/90-1/26/90 & 1/29/90-2/2/90:

• Members

According to On This Day, Nov. 18, 1991, was a Monday. Events included "Muslim Shi'ites release hostages Terry Waite & Thomas Sutherland." (I initially assumed the newsbreak had something to do with the dissolving Soviet Union.)

Edited by Franko

• Members

Thanks for checking that. I knew it was a Monday because the day before was the 15th, so, the Friday before, etc. I remember my mother saying that Addie née Horton Olson Williams was pregnant with Hope for 19 months because of subcommittee hearings preemptions & then had my own share of them & I absolutely love not having them for DAYS anymore!

• Members

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 2/5/90-2/9/90 & 2/12/90-2/16/90:

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 2/19/90-2/23/90 & 2/26/90-3/2/90:

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

@JAS0N47I tried to search earlier in the thread to get this answer with no success, (so forgive me if it's been addressed), but is there any demographic data from the 1990s?

I am consistently fascinated that prior to Peacock, around 80% of DAYS audience was over 54.  So, I wonder if 20 years ago the demographic proportion was higher because the same audience was within that age range? 

• Members

Yes, for the 1990's we have the demo data for every week from January 1990 to May 1992 except for those two missing weeks (5/20/91 & 5/27/91). So, the most recent data I can post would be over 31 years ago (from May 1992).   20 years ago would be 2003. 

Line A is the weekly average. Line B is the quarterly average. Line C is the season average:

Edited by JAS0N47