LATEST RATINGS: May 11-15, 2020

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, these came out fast. Nice to see that YR and BB have gone up in the 18-34 demo from the first week of repeats. YR went down slightly from last week but only a small drop, yet BB had a nice increase this week after a drop last week. Considering that was the demo I heard would most be turned off by these repeats, they seem to be hanging on. 

Not sure why YR didnt count Friday again as last week it's highest rated day was Friday. Also, BB is still only counting Wednesdays and Fridays. 

A little scary how bad those numbers are for GH and Days. Also, scary that these stay at home orders did pretty much nothing for soaps. 

• Members

There was a Hollywood Reporter article that reported that the initial increases from the stay-at-home orders have evaporated even for primetime. A lot of speculation that people are fatigued by watching news in the daytime and want to do other things at night, especially at the weather has been so nice across the country.

The total viewers for CBS are strong, but those ad demos aren’t great, and I do wonder how many of those lapsed 18-49/25-54 viewers will lose the habit the longer this goes. Y&R and B&B didn’t have a lot to give up in the demos. All that said, the reruns are fabulous and much better than nothing. The bottom hasn’t fallen out, and it could have.

GH had better brace itself, though.

• Members

I agree the total viewer numbers for CBS are good especially for repeats. The demos aren't great but they're holding on okay from week to week considering it's now the third week of ratings for repeats. The 18-34 numbers have been the most stable for YR these past 3 weeks of repeats (54k/56k/54k). BB also held on in that demo despite a big drop last week, but they aren't counting enough days to make a fair assessment. I wonder if preemptions are making the number a bit crazy too, because I'm surprised Days and GH are down - not that I've been watching but from what I have read on here they seem to be doing okay as far as fan interest. 

If BB and YR can hold onto these numbers while in repeats I think that would be amazing, but I don't know how long viewers can tolerate these one off episodes. 

• Members

I'd say that Carlivati should be fired but it wouldn't do any good. Corday is ultimately the issue (and NBC). And Sony would probably just put Ron in charge of Y&R

But what a vote of no confidence that the show didn't increase at all during the nationwide lockdown

• Errol unpinned this topic