What Defines An ABC/CBS/NBC Daytime Soap?

• Members

I initially read that as “gender bending”, which kinda still makes sense considering the stuff Passions was doing in its later years... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wasn't alive during the Bill Bell era of Days but it is interesting as to how it began and how it would be best known as the supercouple/sci fi show, at least to daytime drama viewers of my generation anyway. I haven't found much online about Bill Bell's Days but I wonder if he reused any of his Days stories during Y&R's early years like he reused his early Y&R stories during B&B's early years.

• Members

He sure loved the two siblings in love with the same person trope.

I’m pretty sure that the Brooks sisters on Y&R had a lot of similarities to the Peters brothers on DAYS, right down to the younger sibling writing a novel titled “In My Brother’s/Sister’s Shadow”

And I think he also used the woman trying to shoot someone but accidentally shoots her child story arc on Y&R too.

• Members

I started watching soaps in the mid-90's and I usually paired up similar shows based on network and production companies. As previously stated, Another World was kind of an odd man out (a P&G soap similar in quality to GL/ATWT, but with a flair of NBC/DAYS production quality), and DAYS was kind of its own thing (unless you count Sunset Beach and Passions to be DAYS wannabes). 

Years later when I checked out episodes of Generations online, I was surprised to see how similar its production qualities and overall look resembled Sunset Beach. 

-AMC/OLTL/Loving (The City)

-GH/PC

-Y&R/B&B

-GL/ATWT

-DAYS/AW