LATEST RATINGS: March 9-13, 2020

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Y&R and B&B saw a bounce. I wonder if ratings will rise for this past week, with many more people at home during the day. But then again, we’ve seen a lot of preemptions this week due to news conferences about the coronavirus. We shall see. Not expecting much.

• Members

I would doubt it.  People aren't watching soaps anyway, no matter what.  I've switched to The Real, Tamron Hall, Kelly Clarkson, and in my timezone no soaps are on at 3:00 and I watch Ellen.  I know people who love soaps, and I was one of them, hate talk shows, but I gave up.  When people were dancing at the CBS grave of Guiding Light and World Turns going off the air, and saying that The Talk and Let's Make a Deal would keep CBS Daytime STRONG and #1, I got bitter.  Started watching other things and figured out that I liked it.  Would tune into The Chew once in a while also.  Daytime needs more talk shows until someone can write and act a good Soap.  None of the 4 now are good.  They can go.  Someday someone in the Gen Z or new Gen A when they've run to the end of the alphabet will do a decent soap and the younguns will think they're doing something new and innovative.  But we'll know at that point, but the 4 left can go right now.  Soaps always come back around.  Charles Dickens pretty much started Serial story telling and it'll come back around.  But the 4 left have run their course.  How many times can Brooke ride the Stallion and go back to Ridge, and the Steffy/Liam/Hope (insert other boy)/Wyatt play out?  Victor and Nikki on Y&R, or Victor is dying or Nikki has M.S. but nothing ever comes of it?  Sharon/Nick/Syphalis,  Adam and Chelsea, and on and on?  I don't care anymore.  On B&B, Katie cries and needs an organ donor.  YAWN.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Errol unpinned this topic