Y&R: December Spoilers

• Members

Here is a thread for December spoilers. Here are some for tomorrow from soaps.com day ahead recap:

Fen is going to meet Lola at Jabot and flirt with her. Later on he will meet Kyle at Crimson Lights and they will catch up. Fen will ask about Summer and tell Kyle that he has his eye on someone he just met in GC. He will find out that Lola and Kyle are dating. He will say that he will wait until Kyle messes things up with Lola, so he can get a chance with her. Him and Kyle will spar verbally with each other. Fen will also give his demo tape to Mariah.

Also, Nikki will fear that Victor is missing, once she can't get in contact with him, after the fire happens. Victoria, and Nick will think that Rey knows more about Victor's situation that he's letting on. And Devon will come home with a hangover that Nate/Ana try to help him with. Nate will end up leaving and Devon/ Ana will talk about his grief over losing Hilary and the baby. Devon will agree to get therapy.

It looks like they might be trying to do a Kyle/Lola/Fen triangle. I was hoping they might try Fen and Ana. I do think they will be interacting together since he's trying to get signed by Hamilton-Winters. But maybe that will just be professional for right now. I do wonder what they will end up doing with Ana, in addition to her trying to help Devon and working as his assistant.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want to see Fen/Ana possibly get a chance. I read a recap someone did on Twitter and it almost made Fen sound like a "playboyish" type. Which is what this version of Kyle was like when he first came on the show. I wonder how this storyline with this triangle will play out. I originally wondered if Fen/Kyle might be friends, when I saw a picture of them together. But I'm not against Fen/Kyle being at odds as I think it's interesting that Kyle has another male his own age to spar with. If Summer were around maybe they would have used their past connections with Summer to have them spar, but it looks like they will use them both wanting Lola to do that. 

• Members

I have heard rumors that they will pair Cane with Victoria. And there is a spoiler for Wednesday's episode that says that they will team up together.

Also, I'm against Ana/Nate but that's only because I think they should view each other as family. They are practically cousins. I hope they don't put them together, but I'm not sure that they won't. They did refer to themselves as Devon's family the other day when they were talking to him. And I don't see them giving off romantic vibes to each other so far, so maybe those are signs they won't put them together.

If they do a full on Fen/Lola/Kyle triangle, I'm not sure what happens with Ana romantically anytime soon. If she won't be paired with Fen or Nate, I'm not sure who they could put her with. It looks like Noah is supposed to be coming back, but I'm not sure for how long.

• Members

I thought Kerry/Jack was potential interracial?  What about Kyle/Lolal? And didn't fans give lots of grief because Lily wasn't paired with an AA male? Devon/Cassiah was a massive flop. I don't think there's any winning here. My feeling: I want to see the pairings where you can feel the chemistry aka Myle v Tessiah.    

• Members

Christmas spoilers: - Nikki's family & friends pray for a holiday miracle as her life hangs in the balance. - Sharon keeps the Christmas spirit alive when she throws a holiday party.

Billy and Victoria Newman explore their chemistry by creating the perfect family Christmas. - A mystery figure visits Genoa City and it’s not Santa Claus!

• Members

This must be where those scenes with Nikki in the hospital (that were shown In Sasha Calle's (Lola's) Instagram story) were about. I think that her life hanging in the balance might be what brings Noah home. He was shown filming scenes in the hospital along with Sharon in Sasha's Instagram story.

• Members

Aside from Lily, it’s rare for a character of color (particularly one who is black) to have a range of potential partners. Devon passed chemistry tests with several characters for years (Chloe/Abby),  but his first real pairing was Hilary. It ended up being great because Bryton and Mishael sizzled and the show actually featured them and wanted us to invest. (The Mariah affair was just angst.) But it’s this sense that certain characters, especially TPTB’s precious A-listers, are off-limits as potential partners for black characters that bothers me. It places an unusual burden on black/black pairings because if they flop, there’s no possible Plan B. And we end up with marginalized black characters just floating and waiting to be axed.

If Ana and Nate got together, they have off-the-charts chemistry, and they got Philly or Kyle/Lola-level story, fantastic. It won’t happen, of course.

There’s a long history of white non-Hispanic/Latinx pairings (Cruz/Eden, Hayley/Mateo, Maria/Edmund, Danny/Michelle, Tea/Todd, Andie/Antonio, the list goes on) prominently featured on soaps that doesn’t exist to the same extent for black/white pairings, so Kyle/Lola, Arturo/Abby, and Rey/Sharon are par for the course. I guess white/Latinx is less scary to white middle America than black/white.

We’ll see what happens with Jack and Kerry.

It’s all for naught because no one is written well right now, but it’s the principle for me.

• Members

Lots of talk from Fen about a woman he dated who got him into music. He's  already trying to get on Devon's label. I think it's clear that the woman Fen is talking about is Ana. 

Like I said, Ana and, what TPTB sees as, a nobody white guy is an IR the show is comfortable with. They did it with lily and, whom the show  purposefully after the fact of the pairing made, nobody Cane for years. 

It's the Ana and Noah/Kyle pairing that'll never truly happen. 

An aside though, i think is ridiculous that Fen had a few scenes with Michael and Lauren to introduce him but spent the entire second episode flirting with Lola and interacting with Mariah and Kyle. His purpose is clearly to be Kyle's foil and round out the younger set. 

Wonder if they'll recast and soras Moses to give that set a sanctimonious pontificating magical negro like Nate and Neil for their respective age ranges?  

Lily's range was larger than the average BW on the show but it was still limited. She was relegated to white males who were fringe characters. Daniel wasn't a member of a major family and neither is Cane. 

Look how quickly Chelsea ran through ever white male lead. Lily sure didn't. 

• Members

True. That one time dalliance with Billy was dropped real quick. I just want to see a black character not be immediately treated as a second-class citizen and having a range of romantic options is a huge part of that. 

But it is funny: when soaps cast Latino characters, they are almost *always* paired with white characters. Sometimes they are seen as ethnic enough to be paired with a black character. A Latino/Latina couple (that we’re meant to root for) would be mildly revolutionary. Rey/Mia are clearly not who we’re supposed to be rooting for.

• Members

I could be wrong, but I think that the lady that Fen is talking about might not be Ana. I saw the episode for tomorrow (it's posted online) and the way Fen was talking it didn't sound like Ana. He said he met the girl at school, and mentioned he only went to law school for one semester. I don't think that Ana went to law school, (though it was mentioned that she got her college degree).

He mentioned he knows who Devon is as a producer and I wonder if he were with Ana, why he wouldn't have tried to contact her to get an "in" with Devon instead of giving his demo to Mariah to pass it along. (Unless they were together and she never told him that Devon was her brother.) I do believe they will meet eventually and I would like to see how they interact together. 

Also, it was only a few scenes but I didn't see really any chemistry between Fen and Lola. Mariah and Kyle still have good chemistry together (in addition to Kyle and Lola) and they were kind of teaming up and making snarky comments towards Fen. Kyle comes across as more mature and grounded than Fen in their scenes together (and in general). New Fen is cute though.

And I continue to not sense any romantic vibes between Ana and Nate in the scenes that they shared when they were helping Devon. Which is good. 

• Members

It doesn't matter if Black characters get huge stories non-related to other Black characters initially.

Keith Hamilton Cobb was brought on with a ton of press & was STILL relegated to The Black Section once the pairing with Phyllis ended.

• Members

It would be nice if Kyle and Fen were buddies. They could still be in competition over the ladies. That actually might add an interesting layer to things.

Still early days in terms of where Ana will fit in. Maybe they want to establish her before any romance. If so, a wise move.

• Members

Since when does Mal establish before romance? The Latinos were thrust right away into romance. We are even being forced to watch Rey and Mia, neither of whom we know, in a romance. If Ana doesnt get one right away, I spells a lack of investment in her character where Mal is concerned. 

Unlike some, I enjoy seeing two black characters in a romance. 

Like @Costello  It's only a problem for me when it's underdeveloped and done poorly but they don't try anything else. Needless to say, every pairing that includes two black characters has been a problem for me for over a decade. The show just refuses to give them the depth and airtime. Even Hevon had issues with depth and common sense writing. Hate them or love them but they were the most successful since Neil and Dru. 

@DeeeDee it doesn't matter who black characters are paired with or in story with, the show still treats them as second class and will not write properly. I never understood how someone could be in the middle of a triangle yet have little dialogue and POV. It took concious effort to have Devon as a peripheral character whilst Mariah and Hilary fought over him. Sometimes he wasn't even on the episode when they fought. 

Archived