Days: November 2018 Discussion Thread ⌛🦃🎩 ❄ ⛄

• Members

Y&R is already doing a hatchet job on Loren Lott/Ana. I remember having that conversation in college with a budding filmmaker friend about how to light a darker-skinned actor in a scene filled with white people. It’s something most crew don’t even bother to account for. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know. I'm shocked he looks so much better away from DAYS. The lighting is absolute crap.

Chandler and Freddie both phoning it in is painful. I just can't. Just give them a HEA (probably should have just done that to begin with in 2015, since Freddie bailed after Chandler did) and write them out for the time being. And then to be stuck with Greg Rikaart again? Leo's kind of amusing and I actually don't dislike Rikaart but meh ... and I doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon.

Sad thing is, Chandler did try when he came back. I know he's still never going to be everyone's cup of tea, but he seemed interest in working with Christopher Sean and it showed. Freddie and Chandler sort of bring out the worst in each other, like Marci and Billy Flynn did with each other. It's weird. I actually felt Freddie had more chemistry with Guy Wilson :/ lol. I miss when I actually loved Wilson and cared. That was soooo long ago now at this point

Please register in order to view this content

I can't even believe I rooted for them and I just don't care anymore. How sad.

I just don't care about what's going on on-screen. I wish I did. It's not unwatchable, but it's not dragging me to my TV everyday. 

Agreed on Ben. I know the actors are hot and people get all hot and bothered by them, but I don't see the appeal of Ben and Ciara either. Meh. At least I like both of them so not totally FFWD but again, meh, and I just don't care. I'm tired of actors who are hot playing characters that are psychos so fans go gaga over a murderer. No thanks. And Hope who plugged Stefano with a bazillion bullets has no room, but I get it, she's mother bear. I'd care so much more if Bo were alive and on the scene. But we have FauxBo in Rafe, and it does.not.work. Neither Kristian or Galen seem very enthused and it shows. At least Gilles shows up for work. 

I don't get why they dress him so horribly. I think some actors more or less dress themselves (hi Lauren Koslow .... and Vanessa A. Williams did and always looked flawless and fabulous) so maybe Chandler's got a horrible fashion sense? I also hate the hair thing that hangs in face. I just want to push it back so bad everytime. The awkward goofy gay guy doesn't work anymore for Will. 

PREACH. Thank you.

I still find Chandler hot but his is a type I like. I can at least admit to that, lol

And to xtr, I actually find Freddie attractive. I like him, he's another type I like. He's far from unattractive, but not everyone finds the same people attractive. Sort of is what it is. So with that said, I like him but he's done nothing but phone it in for years now. IMO. Neither guy is super strong as a lead actor, it's just the truth. 

Unfortunately too, DAYS seems to make all their men look like pure [!@#$%^&*].  

In Chandler's early yrs he was quite compelling. Will's self loathing over realizing  he was gay. As well as Will's attractions towards men were well played. In the early yrs of Wilson both CM & FS constantly delivered. But that was then this is now. Now we get soulless performances. The lousy sets. And the way the two young men are dressed doesn't help either. Will with his Mr. Rogers ensemble. Sonny dressed like a middle age businessman from the early 90's. Wilson were quite believable as a young gay couple. No their just boring and played out. And neither actor looks like they want to be there.

• Members

They do often dress/style Sonny like he's 45 years old, lol. Sometimes the suits he's wear aren't that bad, thought a lot of times he's dressed/styled as someone considerably older than what he is. The slick back hairstyle that he often wears doesn't help either. I don't know why they style his hair like that. I don't think that Freddie wears his hair like that much IRL. It's like they want him to look like Victor Kiraikis Jr. 

GR is carrying CM & FS. Just like CS used too. If only Days would improve their lighting. And how Wilson are dressed. Not that's going to happened. Even if they did. It's up too them to deliver. As campy and over the top as Leo has been. At least he has been sort of entertaining. FS with his angry faces. CM standing like a statute. Have not. 

• Members

I about spit out my coffee when I read GR is carrying them. LOL. It's so sad, isn't it. GR can be good but he's been hammy for years too, so he fits right in. lol I am dead at how he nails it though, people find Chandler hot so they give him a pass. I get it; it's like Scott Wilson, people are hot for him so they overlook his character murdered several people, but they cheer on him dating Ciara, a rape victim. How charming and sweet. It's awful. I don't understand TV fans sometimes.

THIS. I hated faux hero Kevin. GR plays a jerk/bad guy/psycho so much better and it is more suited for him. I'm glad he's able to have fun with it too. I was so sick of him on Y&R but I'm not too bothered yet. At least he tries.

lol

Austin just seemed like a bitchy gay giving side eye. It was hilarious and I was SO here for it. I like when boring males get snarky on me (Austin, Rafe, Michael Easton on GH). It works. lol

• Members

Does Ciara know that Julie is her aunt? Her repeatedly calling her grandma threw me off. Has this always been a thing? I know she’s also technically her step-grandma, so I’m wondering why the show went with Grandma over Aunt.

Listening to Ciara defend Ben made her just sound like an idiot.

Kate Mansi and Billy Flynn still have amazing chemistry.

Loved that they gave the Abigail reveal to Julie as the matriarch of the Hortons. Which ties in with her name unwavering hatred of Gabi.

Archived