New Blind Item

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Come on, we need juicier blind items.  Here: I'l make up a few and you guess who....

Which soap head writer Queen has jumped networks to dethrone another head writer sending that writer back to the Queen?  

Which wife beating hunk scandalized cast and crew daily by never wearing underwear at work?

Which network EP was finally called out for hiring an umpteenth non-actor stud boy who looks like every other stud-boy EP has previously hired?

Which cast is completely up in arms about the surprise return of this bat-sheet crazy veteran whose face belongs in Joan Rivers' wax museum?

• Members

I imagine it is them. I've heard it's been acknowledged they aren't working. But considering how far in advance they tape .... but that doesn't mean anything will be done. It's clearly not working though. I have to imagine folks behind the scenes aren't super thrilled Tyler comes on and gets four episodes a week ... they also severely limited Stefan (and thus Tyler) by writing him this way and having him pine for an altar. Sorry Ron, this isn't Nash and Tessica. Stefan is another Deimos. What a waste.

• Members

That's the part I can't comprehend.  WHICH "great stories" are being hindered by their presences?  Because, as I see it, Ron's DAYS have been dull (which is saying something, since it's Ron we're talking about).

• Members

The "great stories" thing threw me. But everyone has a different perspective on 'great'. LOL. I've often found actors love material I absolutely despise.

I can also take the interpretation to mean that the story is being forced, so to speak, leaving potentially better stories on the sidelines? Maybe? lol. Ron, on some level, is probably being told who to write for. Wouldn't be a new thing. Still not excusing some of the lackluster stuff though.

• Members

Yep.

To me, it's like they're still trying to give us '90's DAYS, but on today's budget; and all that it's accomplishing is pointing up how cheap the show has become.  It isn't 1993 anymore, and I think most DAYS fans realize that.  Ergo, it isn't enough just to double up on the number of shows taped per week, or expand the lead time between when a show is taped and when it hits the air.  They really need to rethink the show's dramatic canvas, as well, reducing the number of scenes per episodes (there's nothing wrong with one or two long-ish scenes per act, since between all the commercial breaks, an average episode now runs about 30 minutes), eliminating superfluous characters and those who don't lend themselves well to smaller stories (yes, DiMeras, I'm looking at you), and zeroing in on a smaller group of characters who COULD do well with smaller, more intimate, less spectacle-filled storylines (MORE HORTONS).

Me neither.  Not when you hear the history of other, better HW's who had been forced to write for this-or-that character (or couple, or family) and STILL managed to spin gold.  Only Irna and Bill were able to write exactly what they wanted to.

• Members

The story is getting lots of negative feedback on Twitter and RC is ignoring it....LOL. How much longer before he starts blocking people who post negative feedback??

And considering this soap is filmed 6 months ahead...is ridiculous! Nothing can be done to change storyline direction.

Archived