• 2 months later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

After success in the UK as a comedy performer and movie success in the US, Dudley Moore had two attempts at sitcom success on CBS with 'Dudley' and 'Daddy's Girls' both of which flopped badly.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Paul Raven

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Academy award winner Susan Hayward had 2 attempts at a TV series via TV movie pilots.

'Heat of Anger' was for a proposed lawyer series  'Fitzgerald and Pride'. Barbara Stanwyck had to pull out and Susan took her place. The series was not picked up.

Her next attempt 'Say Goodbye Maggie Cole' about inner city doctors never had the chance as Susan became ill and was unable to work.

Susan Hayward Appearing In 'Say Goodbye, Maggie Cole'

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Has anyone mentioned Halle Berry's short-lived summer series "Extant"? CBS made a big deal about Halle leading one of their shows, promos were everywhere! I remember her head floating at the bottom of my screen many times as I watch " Big Brother" lol. 

The show could have been better but I thought overall it was decent. Halle was great and had an awesome supporting cast. The ratings were also great in the beginning but didn't hold over.

I could see Halle leading another show in the future and I wouldn't mind more sci-fi projects from Halle.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Joan Crawford is the winner!

THE JOAN CRAWFORD SHOW, 1959. Pilot only. 

THE FOXES, 1961. Pilot only. Joan is Millicent Fox. 

ROYAL BAY/DELLA/FATAL CONFINEMENT, 1963. (Joan is a “special guest star” in this pilot but could’ve continued in the series. The pilot was released as a film, DELLA AKA FATAL CONFINEMENT.)

Joan’s many guest appearances on other shows would lead one to believe she was in demand on tv. 

• Members

There really wasn't any place for actresses from the 40's on primetime in the 60's. Female lead dramas were non existent . TV movies were just beginning to take off in the late 60's. So it was guest spots as the only option. Barbara Stanwyck was the exception with Big Valley. 

Jean Arthur was another who tried a comeback but the Jean Arthur Show was a flop.

220px-Jean_Arthur_Ron_Harper_Leonard_Sto

• 3 months later...