Dancing with the Stars: Discussion Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It’s a disaster for the show, which has had the death rattle for a while now. It didn’t help that they overscored his freestyle. Evanna/Keo, Milo/Witney, and Alexis/Alan all looked shellshocked. Literally anyone across the entire season (save Grocery Store Joe) would have been a better winner. 

• Members

The funniest one was Milo's reaction. Priceless! He later chuckles and probably thought well they gave it to the worse dancer.....LOL.  People on social media are saying that those who don't watch the show were the ones voting for Joe and the championship to make a mockery out of this season.

• Members

I actually totally see why they won. I agree he shouldn't have. But this actually shouldn't have been a shock. I've watched the show every season. I know how middle America votes ... and how the Bachelor nation votes ... but it was still disappointing.

I've been losing interest and this season really didn't help. Starting with Tinashe, it was one right after the other. But John, Joe and Bobby lasting so long really wasn't a surprise.

The "technical best" usually doesn't win. 

I've always felt America voting is flawed. Our elections alone prove that. But they need to overhaul the voting process somehow ... but it's never going to be perfect.

I've often questioned the results and did even more so when in All Stars they had Sabrina exit the same week she did before. Come on .... lol

And they can basically throw whoever they want in the bottom two. They usually say "only one of them" got the lowest combined votes and scores. I guess too they may not want to keep placing the same couple in jeopardy week after week. But sometimes they do. It's still a reality show and they want to make interesting television.

A season with a lot of potential in the start quickly became a joke and basically a mockery (and ratings have been on a rapid trend downwards; it's still not 'cancel worthy' by those measures, but I'm curious to see what they do going forward; and I feel like the Juniors version was several years too late; I'd actually rather watch that one at this point, and that was all taped months ago ...)

Sharna's win reminds me of Tony's in All Stars. It was just bound to happen and she had the right partner who had probably all of country music and middle america voting for him (at least Melissa Rycroft was solid though and it felt much more deserving; and random note but I still feel Edyta was robbed many times and I'm sad she never got a win). He does have a very popular radio show. When you think maybe logically, it's truly not a shock. But these types usually place second (David Ross) so it is kind of a first. But for many watching it's not about who's the best dancer. It should be, but it's also about the journey of the couple and the person dancing. It's actually not really hard anymore to somewhat loosely predict who will end up where and I'm often not far off. Although I still wouldn't have thought Bobby could actually pull it off. 

And the pro dancers aren't necessarily helping. I still don't feel like I know Keo or Gleb (and they're just quieter personalities which isn't a bad thing, I'm actually a quiet person when I'm not ranting on a message board). Jenna, meh ... Brandon had a lot of personality but he got cut early. Although Derek once was cut fairly early (Shannon Elizabeth) in his beginning too ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Wow and I liked Sharna. Calling fans who didn't like the results assholes is a bit much. They wouldn't have a show without them. She's had better partners where she should've won. I agree with her on that. But she can't tell me with a straight face that her partner actually deserved to win. That's bullshit.

@KMan101 I would have rather seen John win. He was better than the Bachelor guy and the one who won and so was Mary Lou.