2015 Daytime Emmy Nominations

Soapsuds

• Members

I saw all supporting actress reels if Lisa Lociero does not win for supporting actress there is no justice her drunk dialing reel is phenom comedy classic and she's a true supporting. Really shocked how dissapointing Finola Hughes submission was. Lynsey godfrey was all tears and other people overshadowed her. Amelia is probably her biggest threat for Delia anniversary but it was a safe choice. Imagine Amelia as a two time emmy winner but Lisa deserves this hands down

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Younger Actor

Younger Actor has always been the weakest category in the history of the Daytime Emmy's but some of these reels are either horrible or stagnant. These tapes are borderline sedative. These actors are playing one emotion all the way threw, and all of the performances are one-dimensional. Bryan Craig's Emmy tape was cringe inducing, I couldn't even finish it. Maurice is wiping him across the floor threw out the entire thing. I had to stop somewhere at the 5 minute mark. Max Ehrich seems the most natural, and seems like the kind of stuff Y&R used to submit back in their hey day. It's a nice, sentimental and quiet tape. Not the kind that usually wins, and LeBlanc is taking up most of the screen time in it, but I like it. It's sweet. Richmond has the material needed to win, but he doesn't rise to the needed level of delivery. Freddie is so wooden and stilted, why? He gets better towards the end, and it's nice to see some variety of emotion -- disbelief, anger and then viciousness. But none of these reels compares remotely to any of Massey's three-peat winning performances.

Richmond has the material, but Freddie has the performance.

Should Win: Freddie

Younger Actress

This category has been in the pits since Allen won it, but it used to be a really great showcase of younger talent, and it looks like that may continue this year. Alderson's tape is surprisingly better than I originally anticipated it being. Very moving in it's vulnerability and sympathy, it's amoristic and it elevates the material given to her due to the maturity displayed, but it's not particularly transformative. She reminds me a ton of Alicia Minshew and Kassie DePavia here, which adds romantic depth here. Duell works really well here as well, he matches her and he plays to her strengths and his cruelty helps sell her tape. Camila has a nice story with Gabi's confession and earned redemption, it's a good reel, strong material but Camila's not excelling in telling the story or playing the smaller beats needed to really bring home the crescendo of Gabi's pain at the peak of the tape, so it falls a bit short. Had she steadily built up to it, gradually increased the pathos with a multitude of different emotions, it would have been a stronger performance, maybe even a winning one. She has the best material of the set. But there's various parts of the reel where we should be seeing more regret, pain, disgust, anger or fear and we only get small bits of that with her. Hunter has the best instincts of the set, very natural, raw and strong in the way the others aren't. That assured performance is the best thing about her. She has really great chops. Unfortunately her material is the weakest, and while she is the stand out performer of her tape Morrow doesn't push her to any greater heights, and her tape feels odd and disjointed once the Morrow stuff ends. Haley's tape has the combined issues of Hunter's and Camila's -- she's switching too fast between emotions and it's disjointed and nearly incomprehensible. She goes from bawling to her father's death to switching to protesting her fathers innocence within a single frame shot, and her performance feels all over the place. She's switching from emotional to rational too quickly and it lessens the impact of the dramatic scenes.

Camila has the material, in terms of performance I think Alderson, King and Burns all tie.

Should Win: Camila

Supporting Actress

This category used to be such a powerhouse of diverse actresses who used different styles of acting and competed all across the board. Now it's like the weeping willow tree of actresses, this category is like complete trash. Godfrey brings the lachrymose and the teary melodrama, it's hard to watch this tape -- Bold & The Beautiful has always felt a bit like watching pretty cardboard cut outs try to act, and I get that a lot here. Jacob Young feels like he has regressed a lot in that particular hammy style of acting, and pretty boy tears, he's still a little boy searching for meaning from Daddy and he's what? 40 years old? It wore thin on AMC and it's thread bare now. It's hard to watch his scenes with Godfrey and not think that they had been done before and better with Alexa Havins and even Melissa Claire Egan, Back to Godfrey, Jacob Young and Thorsten Kaye are postering all over her Emmy tape, she's a sidenote. Caroline has always felt like a joke of a character, so it's hard to really feel sympathy for her, even with this down and out circumstance and sensitive portrayal. I would say this tape is a wash for her. Heinle's tape feels milquetoast, the first half of the tape feels more like it's for Billy than Victoria. Bad reel. Hendrickson is magic, she sparkles in every scene she is in, but her tape feels sloppy, and there is no big climatic moments which I think will hurt her chances for a win. WTF did Finola submit? This is Ian Buchannan's tape not hers. Lisa's reel is ridiculous.

Hendrickson is the only choice.

Should Win: Elizabeth

Supporting Actor

This category is really Duell's to lose. He has the best tape and the best material with all of the high stakes which will lure Emmy voters. The only thing that might make the decision difficult is that in terms of performance he doesn't raise the stakes and doesn't rise above the acting of his peers -- I would say Clifton and him are at the same level, but Duell has better material for his bid. Kristoff's tape is pure nostalgia, nothing actually happens in it and it feels more like an extended guest spot for Shamar Moore, than a tape where viewers should pick him to win. Clifton has good bits of dialogue here and there, but nothing big happens, no transformative moments, no changes and Brooks volleys back and matches him in every scene, so he doesn't specifically shine, even though his performance is notable. I spoke about Jacob Young's issues in the Supporting Actress section, but his performance isn't the best here.

Duell is the best choice here. But I could see Clifton if not him.

Should Win: Chad

Lead Actor

Tony's is the most exhaustive and cartoonish, to the point where it can't be taken seriously. Complete camp. But the acting is first rate really a step above. LeBlanc's tape is horrible. Billy Miller's tape is soo good and so is Jason Thompson's. I would be fine with any of those three winning it. I think Miller has the advantage because his tape feels the best suited to win, high stakes, strong performance, meaningful scenes and high moments. He has the best and most connective material of the set.

Miller has the best tape, but in terms of performance I think it can go any of three ways -- Geary, Miller or Thomspon.

Should Win: Billy

Lead Actress

This is Alison's to lose as far as I can see. She literally has everything going for her in that tape. Everything but the kitchen sink, it's exactly what voters look for. She has some competition in Gina and Maura in regards to performance, but their tapes are weak. Gina's is unsympathetic and insular and Maura's has no story and little meaning. Peggy doesn't belong here, and Wright's tape has nothing going for it. This is prime conditions for Alison's win.

I can't really imagine a situation where Alison loses. It's literally the perfect storm great tape, great performance and ideal conditions (20+ career), long over due. If Alison loses it's between Maura and Gina.

Should Win: Alison

• Members

Every local ABC station could choose was to air once Katie ended in 2014 as once Katie began the network gave up an hour of its programming weekdays. I don't think they've listed yet what stations will air Tyra's new show. (In NYC for example, they have Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and a Jeopardy rerun on between "The Chew" and "GH". Previously their noon news program was only 30 minutes, but it expanded to an hour, after Katie's last episode aired.)

• Members

Laura Wright: https://twitter.com/lldubs/status/589796410989481984?s=09

A beautiful tradition started years ago by Susan Flannery. The Leading Ladies Luncheon :)) thank you Eileen Davidson for hosting a super fun afternoon at the Chateau Marmont -- I have to say - this is one of the reasons you want to get nominated!!! Haaa xoxo @mrsvvp @alisweeney @ginatognoni #Peggy @maurawest

Archived