Stunts that Chuck Pratt Pulled that you will never forgive him or made you hate him

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In a recent SOD interview Pratt was adamant that Adam killing Stuart was a great story. And I actually do think it could have been had it been executed a whole lot better. But the various motives for people wanting to kill Adam were developed over the course of like five episodes instead of many many months and -the biggie for me- Stuart's death really had no impact on Adam. Pratt just gave Adam a line every now and then about how devastated he was that Stuart was gone but, other than the morgue scenes, we never really saw this devastation. He was having a good ol' time with Annie.

Agnes Nixon and (gasp!) Jean Passanante did a much better job when Stuart "died" in 2000. There was some incredible material in the aftermath of that, including some Adam/Liza scenes I wish were on Youtube because they were some of the best acting I had ever seen. AN/JP didn't tell us once a month that Adam was devastated, they showed us every day. They also delved a bit into Adam and Stuart's childhood in Pigeon Hollow via flashbacks.

Archived